Limes

BHW

Hi All

We are producing 50 + KG of Limes a week, average 14 to the Kilo, our promised buyer did not live up to his promise, we sell a few locally but have heaps left over.

We live between Surin & Si Sa Ket.

Any ideas where we may be able to sell this fruit would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for replies.

The problem  this year is they is a glut of limes, our local weekly market , was selling 15 limes  10 bart , our own trees  they are  hanging like grapes ,the wife has  given her daughter  a large bucket of limes ,never known a year like it .

You might be able to sell some  at your local  morning market ,or evning  market ,but you will still end up with a lot left over, as I said it is just one of those years ,by the new year  thay will be 3-4 baht each .

Thay must be a way to store fruit, apples  and pears are harvested in the autumn .and kept and sold through the winter ,without any problem, unless it is to hot to store any fruit here in Thailand for any length of time.  

I know this doesn't help you re selling your fruit, but some of the (excess) limes can be squeezed and the juice deep frozen in ice trays. Then you'll have good, "organic" lime juice for your soda water throughout the year (if you're into that kind of thing). 

I do it all the time. 

• 2 weeks later...
Most cities have a large fruit and veg wholesale market.  
I would imagine 50kg of limes per week would be a "drop in the bucket" for one of these markets.
I don't know the markets in Surin and Srisaket but one large market I know in Ubon (Warin?) is located as per attached .kmz file.
Market Ubon.kmz

Bingo. Exactlly my thoughts. Every area has a big market. Store 50 kg for 4 days thats 200 kg. Lol u could almost export at that quantity.
Cheers cobbler

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived