15 day requirement for conversion to non-O?

Does anyone have an experience of converting from a visa exempt to a non-O when the 15 day minimum requirement happens during major holidays? I saw one post where the period was shortened during Songkran but other older posts that required more time. 

My visa exempt expires on Nov 2. I'm going to the US Embassy to get the income verification the morning of Oct 17 and was wondering if I should go to CW in the afternoon or go in the morning on Oct 18? Nov 2 is the 15th day after Oct 18, but with the King's funeral happening within that 15 day period, will I have enough time?  

If I have to file for a 30 day extension first to allow additional time, can I also immediately apply for the non-O conversion that same day? I'm leaving for a couple of months in early Jan and want to apply for the 1 year extension based on retirement before I leave. 

It is 15 calendar days not immigration business days on the date you apply. They do not increase the 15 day requirement because of holidays.

Counting the days it appears to me that the last day you can do it is the 19th.

There will be more than enough business days for the application to be approved.

Thanks Joe! Appreciate the info and quick reply.

One more question. Will there be any potential issues if my address changes from when I apply for the conversion to picking up the stamp 2 weeks later? Also will probably move again within Bangkok before I apply for the extension to stay based on retirement. I'm doing mostly 30 day stays at Airbnb places while I decide where to lease a place.

2 minutes ago, JerseytoBKK said:

Thanks Joe! Appreciate the info and quick reply.

One more question. Will there be any potential issues if my address changes from when I apply for the conversion to picking up the stamp 2 weeks later? Also will probably move again within Bangkok before I apply for the extension to stay based on retirement. I'm doing mostly 30 day stays at Airbnb places while I decide where to lease a place.

Moving will have no effect on getting the visa and entry stamps near the end of the 15 days. All you need is your passport.

When you  apply for the extension you will need proof of residence.