Yellow Book and Proof of Income

Hello All

Anyone have experience of obtaining a yellow book in Jomtien as a condo owner (assuming the blue book is only for Thai nationals). Is the yellow book sufficient for proof of address at Jomtien IO or will I need something else when I apply for my non imm o and subsequent retirement extension?

Is there a form letter/template for the proof of income letter/stat dec which I will be obtaining from the Aust Embassy in Bangkok?  Any advice from someone who goes this route would be appreciated. Do I need to make an appointment or just rock up to the embassy? How long does it take etc?

I am up to speed with thing like cost and duration of the validity of the letter/stat dec.

The yellow house book will be accepted for proof of residence. They might want to see your blue house book as well.

I have not seen template for a completed stat declaration of income only this blank form. 5938356e7922d_AusStatDec.pdf

An appointment is not required to do the stat dec. See: http://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/consular.html

I have the same Aus blank stat dec that UJ has already provided.

I also have a completed Aus stat dec which I can send via your PM.

It contains personal details, so not suitable to post on the forum.

No appointment or proof of funds required.

I assume you are aware the Australian Embassy recently moved to it's new building;

181 Wireless Road
Lumphini
Pathumwan
Bangkok 10330

thanks all for the replies.

ubonjoe - I don't understand how the tabien baans work, I assumed the blue book was only for Thai nationals and yellow for others?

Peterw42 - What are the requirements for obtaining the Residence in Pattaya certificate from Immigration?

Tanoshi - Sent you a pm with my email address

21 minutes ago, daystick said:

thanks all for the replies.

ubonjoe - I don't understand how the tabien baans work, I assumed the blue book was only for Thai nationals and yellow for others?

Peterw42 - What are the requirements for obtaining the Residence in Pattaya certificate from Immigration?

Tanoshi - Sent you a pm with my email address

A blue tambien ban is issued for a house, condo and etc not for a individual. Only a Thai or a permanent resident can be registered in a blue house book. The first person registered in a blue house book is normally the house master (aka head of household) which typically would be the owner of the residence.

In your case you would be able to get a blue tambien ban for your condo but you could not be registered in it. You would then be able to get a yellow tambien ban based upon that blue book.

Can you prove residence from a hotel or a short term rental? I intend staying in BKK for a month or two on arrival as I figured it would be easier to get everything done there, not only visa but drivers licence etc. I will eventually be moving on to  Koh Samui