The 2018 Honda Forza 300.

idman

Finally found updated information and photos of the upcoming release for the 2018 Honda Forza 300.  I did a Google search for the release date of this model hoping something would pop up.  Low and behold Google came up with a bunch of different articles.  Photos, technical stuff but no actual release date for Thailand mentioned.  The one thing I can say without hesitation is that this new Forza is gorgeous and has shed the bath tub on wheels look.  A much narrower profile, very similiar IMO to the Xmax 300.  There might be a new dog in this fight.  Use Google and check out the articles for yourselves.

The appeal of mobility scooter bikes is growing, and so it is with competitors. To stay in leading, firms had to be ingenious with every brand-new version. Honda is a leader in this. Their followers are anticipating every new arrival with excitement. All fanatics ought to be ready for 2018 Honda Forza 300 Riding impression is boosted with much better handling as well as comfort. Also, the drivetrain is tuned, although it is the same 279 cc displacement. It is likewise extra reliable than in the past. Safety and security are obtaining improvements with brand-new ABS system. Overall, new Forza brings something brand-new into the market, for a similar quantity of money as its precursor.

Riding is enhanced, as comparing to the existing model. Nonetheless, it is the same 279 cc system with extremely cost-effective gas usage. The engine is somewhat changed, yet other components improve resilience and integrity. For instance, set fuel injection is one of them. All drivers recognize how much less complicated is to run with PGM-FI. Scooter can go 68 mpg, which is the respectable outcome. With the smooth trip, unusual visits to technicians and gasoline station, it could make a distinction for buyers. Upcoming 2018 Honda Forza 300 utilizes the exact same V-Matic transmission as a model for 2016 period. Smoother change is offered with the continuously variable design.

Upcoming mobility scooter differs from the current schedule in a couple of things. All existing functions are mosting likely to be upgraded, including control panel and seat. This is made of deluxe and also there is room for two individuals. Moreover, various other stuff of bodywork is likewise functional. Windscreen provides excellent security, yet there is tall windshield as an optional component. Additionally, standard storage can be bigger with the rear trunk. An ABS is once more mosting likely to be a basic attribute on the New Honda Forza.

2018 Honda Forza 300 Price

Estimated cost of the 2018 Honda Forza 300 will certainly be around $6,200. However, with pointed out the tall windshield as well as rear trunk, it goes greater. With all enhancements, mobility scooter could cost regarding $700 more than the standard model. Again, new Forza is going to use an old paint job. As many various other Honda bikes, it is red.

http://autohondarelease.com/2018-honda-forza-300-price-specs-reviews/2018-honda-forza-300-new-design/

image.png.9d5065d9970d86027133f2725f890cdf.png

The pictures in the post above are of the "old" Forza 125 available in Europe

Somebody mentioned in another thread that Honda will probably present the PCX at the Tokyo motor show in 2 or 3 weeks, probably they will show the new Forza too. Probably everything that you find online now are just speculations. So if you think about buying a XMAX or a Forza now i would just wait until then.

11 hours ago, Thailaw said:

So, any idea when the 2018 model will be available in Thailand? It looks like it is available (or will be very soon) in Europe already. 

I spoke to a saleswoman at Mityon this afternoon and she said that the new Forza would be in the showroom in December. It may actually be several months thereafter that orders will be filled (assuming that it actually is released in December in Thailand).  When the new Forza is available, there will be 3 "new" 300cc scooters in Thailand -- the Yamaha NMax; the new Honda Forza and the Kawasaki J300. As VocalNeal said, it will be worth having a close look at all three before making a decision on which to buy. I have a 2013 Forza, which I have been extremely happy with. But I will certainly check out the completion when deciding which bike to replace it. 

These big scooters are everywhere in Paris, they look really stylish and the French, like the Italians are proud of their clothes, like to keep them looking good.

300ccs makes a lot of sense, plenty of power for normal use and the CVT converts that into good acceleration, my mate has two Forzas, one in Thailand and the other in the UK.

I think the big 4 and others have recognised that market and it is becoming highly competitive.

If it were me I would wait a couple of months.

1 hour ago, AllanB said:

These big scooters are everywhere in Paris, they look really stylish and the French, like the Italians are proud of their clothes, like to keep them looking good.

300ccs makes a lot of sense, plenty of power for normal use and the CVT converts that into good acceleration, my mate has two Forzas, one in Thailand and the other in the UK.

I think the big 4 and others have recognised that market and it is becoming highly competitive.

If it were me I would wait a couple of months.

The "big 4" -- you mean that Harley is going to start making a 300cc scooter. That's really interesting!

Oh, you mean Suzuki -- never mind......

From what I've gleaned from the internet, the new shape for the Forza means it's a bit slimmer.

But from the photos I've seen it still looks like a pregnant PCX.

Sorry but other brands are doing better in the cosmetic stance IMHO.

It really boggles my mind that Honda have fallen so far behind Yamaha in the production of desireable scooters here in Thailand.  Honda brough out the Scoopy and Yamaha countered with the Grand Filano and blew the Scoopy out of the water.  Honda introduced the PCX 150 and ruled the roost until Yamaha two upped them with the Nmax and the Aerox.  Honda did nothing but add some new colors and pin stripping.  Honda came out with the Forza 300 which while having the grunt looked like a bloated PCX150 but at least they had no competition from Yamaha until.  Yes, Yamaha is about to blow the Forza 300 right out of the water with their Xmax 300.  From the overall look to the specs the Xmax 300 is positioned to once again one up Honda.  At least from the latest updates it would appear that Honda will not wait but will counter with a new and improved Forza 300 for 2018.  For Honda to have to play catchup these past half dozen years is simply unacceptable.  At least in the near future there will be two dominant players in the 300 cc. maxi scooter market with very desireable scooters to choose from.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.

• 4 weeks later...

I  went to Yamaha showroom and sat on X-Max 300, the seat height is quite high. I'm comfortable enough on my Forza even though I can't flat foot, but almost on tippie toes on X-Max. Very disappointing as its looks a much nicer bike than the Forza, and the extra power would have been welcome.

FYI I'm 5'7" (1.70M) Tall... 

If the rumor mill is to believed this time around Honda will unveil the new and improved Honda Forza 300 at the upcoming Bangkok Motor Show scheduled for the end of November through early December.  In my case I will not be able to attend and do a side by side comparsion.  Hopefully another poster will attend and post some photos and offer their initial impressions of the new Forza.

• 2 weeks later...

Just hired a Yamaha X Max from Pops in CNX ,with 2 km on the clock.

Very comfortable, great mirrors, smooth and quiet.

Good power.

Impresive bike , BUT  brakes mushy, no real bite.

Yes a brand new bike and not totally bedded in.

Howevever for a huge number of people ,that are less than  5 ft 8 ins tall, this bike is going to be a challenge,with wide seating and high ride height, a bit like like riding a horse!

On 11/20/2017 at 6:58 AM, d4291797 said:

Good power.

However, for a huge number of people that are less than 5 ft 8 ins tall, this bike is going to be a challenge, with its wide seating and high ride height, a bit like like riding a horse!

---------
You guys who live near Pop rentals are so lucky, you get to test ride all the main player scooters! 

Your Xmax 300 post-ride observations match other reviewers and posters, especially your point about the braking. Absolutely no one has made this kind of observation about the Nmax 155, just the opposite. What do you think needs to be added /done to the Xmax to bring its braking up to the renown stopping quality of the Nmax 155?

Riders less than 5ft 8in tall have the option of getting those tall platform/heel rider boots.

Mushy breaks, no real bite???  That is a load of twadle IMO.  I rented a new Xmax from Pop nearly a month ago for two days and put it through its paces as I intend to purchase one shortly.  I would pick out a long stretch of road open up the trottle and go like a bat out of hell.  Hit the breaks as hard as I could and never did the Xmax waver, feel mushy or lack for road bite.  I took it up and down the back side of Doi Suthep and never had break fade on the twisties.  In sum, the ABS breaks combined with traction control are a God send and are miles ahead of the breaks on the Honda Forza 300.  You dont improve on perfection.

---------
You guys who live near Pop rentals are so lucky, you get to test ride all the main player scooters! 
Your Xmax 300 post-ride observations match other reviewers and posters, especially your point about the braking. Absolutely no one has made this kind of observation about the Nmax 155, just the opposite. What do you think needs to be added /done to the Xmax to bring its braking up to the renown stopping quality of the Nmax 155?
Riders less than 5ft 8in tall have the option of getting those tall platform/heel rider boots.

Well I was wearing about 1.5 inch built up boots, still like a ballerina!
Plus seat though comfortable is very wide, so legs are splayed.

How to fix the brakes? Braided lines may help, but ideally should have twin discs as per SYM maxi 400i
Now that is a fantastic scooter, sadly not well supported here.
Even got span adjustable levers!
Great power, great brakes.

Oh forgot to mention , great instruments on X Max.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 months later...

I've got a 2014 Forza that I love, but putting up for sale to buy the new 2018 version.  Mine is in excellent condition, very well maintained, but just feel it's time for a new one.  If anyone is interested in my old one, send me a msg.

Forza 2.jpg

Forza 3.jpg

Forza-1.jpg

44 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

I've got a 2014 Forza that I love, but putting up for sale to buy the new 2018 version.  Mine is in excellent condition, very well maintained, but just feel it's time for a new one.  If anyone is interested in my old one, send me a msg.

Forza 2.jpg

Forza 3.jpg

Forza-1.jpg

You are welcome to put a post offering this for sale here:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/148-bikes-for-sale-in-thailand/

• 4 months later...

I have had already two Forza and they followed a row of PCX.

I absolute loved the first model which I bought just after it was released but I had the feeling the next model was not as good in quality than the first I had. The Seat was more difficult to close as it was more floppy mounted and also the sound if you pull the throttle gave me a feeling there is something prone to break.

Now the new Forza more expensive? 

Well since we have in Pattaya the first Royal Enfield Shop I was falling in love with the 500cc Chrome. A 500cc, now with FI Motor for 183000 baht makes it easy to decide.

250000 and the 530cc bullet and 500cc comes with a good looking side car is also available.

Forza: Electronic. Automatic and ABS 

Royal Enfield 500 cc: 5 Gear, old fashion, torque, injection 

something like this picture comes up:?

royal-enfield-classic-500-competitors-1024x576.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 10/16/2017 at 9:48 AM, VocalNeal said:

I would be leaning towards Yamaha X-Max. Lighter with more grunt. have a good look at both in person.

Though I have not driven the new Forza yet, I would say the X-Max is going to beat it on so many levels. The old Forza drove like a river barge. The handling was horrendous. Also, it was one of the ugliest bikes ever made. The X-Max has been such a success, that Honda obviously felt the need to re-design this bike, so it was more attractive. Wonder if this new model will handle any better than the old one. I have driven the X-Max. Is it an exceptional bike. Handles great, amazing power, great brakes, great suspension and handling, and overall, the top bike in it's class in Thailand right now. 

2017_YAM_XMAX300_EU_MDNOM1_STU_005_03.jpg

2017_YAM_XMAX300_EU_WM6_STU_001_03.jpg

On 11/20/2017 at 6:58 AM, d4291797 said:

Good power.

Howevever for a huge number of people ,that are less than  5 ft 8 ins tall, this bike is going to be a challenge,with wide seating and high ride height, a bit like like riding a horse!

My guess is it was that particular bike. The ones I have driven have had amazing brakes. They stop on a dime. And I am a big guy. 

On 12/27/2018 at 10:24 AM, spidermike007 said:

...The X-Max has been such a success, that Honda obviously felt the need to re-design this bike, so it was more attractive. Wonder if this new model will handle any better than the old one. I have driven the X-Max. 

Well, the idea that Honda copied the design of the Xmax does not fly. Xmax came out 2017, by that time Honda already sold the Forza 125 in Europe which is identical in design to the Forza 300 2018.
So if you see similarities in the design of the scooters, it must be Yamaha whom got inspired from the competitor.

screenshot_1282.jpg.014d4e6c93a89aa6a34a0a3642ae1f3f.jpg

31 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

Well, the idea that Honda copied the design of the Xmax does not fly. Xmax came out 2017, by that time Honda already sold the Forza 125 in Europe which is identical in design to the Forza 300 2018.
So if you see similarities in the design of the scooters, it must be Yamaha whom got inspired from the competitor.

Hehe exactly, I just wanted to mention it. Honda brought this design before Yamaha, it's just much delayed in Thailand (well, the Forza 125 isn't available at all here afaik but as you said, the design is the same).

Personally I wasn't a fan of the old Forza 300 either. From design, to engine and handling, I didn't like anything really. But the new model is sufficiently different enough to give it a chance.

The only thing that a Royal Enfield has in common with these scooters is that it's an engine and two wheels.

Archived