90 day report alert - BKK's Lad Phrao still doing it!

From second hand account: ran into my yankie fellowman expat building mate this morning. He just came back from a trip to LP for his 90 day report. "You did it?" I asked incredulously. He nodded, "And it was fast this time, only took 40 - 45 min!" I asked further if there was any warning/hints about them not doing 90d at LP anymore. "Nope." "And they didn't say anything last time you went either?" I checked again. He shook his head, looking surprised. 

Last time I went there in July, they didn't give me any warning also. The only thing worth noticing was that they treated farangs and non-farangs on equal basis, namely the numbering system be damned, you are told to go to the window by the bunch, and when the young female clerk(in this instance it was a trainee - I saw the regular male officer seating at his desk behind hers, giving out intrustions) finished she simply put your passport at the counter. I picked up the wrong one, and she screamed! I thought since they also had re-grouped the windows in the same manner, maybe they hadn't got their act together. Then later when I read here about the branches not doing 90 day anymore, I thought maybe that was their curtain call. So I did my online report last week for the first time, and got approved the same day (couldn't be happier!)

I post this because it seems strange to me that my friend went in having no idea whatsoever and for him it worked as it has always worked (even "faster" than before - gosh I wish I had his cool!) He's a button-down kind of a guy and there's no reason he would make up this story on a lark. Anyone has any idea?

When I went in late August, I was told and there were signs posted that NO MORE 90-DAY REPORTING after some time before what would be my next report date, 90 days later. I think it was 31 or 15 October 2017. They were adamant at the window when the told me.

The queuing is very frustrating as it's not so clear there. You go to the table first to get a queue number, that is your group number. When it's called, you randomly queue at the so-indicated window, then stand to the side until they complete the stamping. But still so much more convenient and quicker (1 hour) than the usual at Chaeng Wattana (2-4 hours plus commute time and expense).

Hi smo

Is online working?

I will need to do my first report (last one was done over 3 years ago) and obviously would like to do this online, but is it possible?

Also I use to do mine at MAJOR HOLLY WOOD  Krung Thep Maha Nakhon - Did this office theoretically also stop doing 30 day reports at the same time as Lad Phrao

41 minutes ago, spambot said:

Is online working?

I will need to do my first report (last one was done over 3 years ago) and obviously would like to do this online, but is it possible?

Also I use to do mine at MAJOR HOLLY WOOD  Krung Thep Maha Nakhon - Did this office theoretically also stop doing 30 day reports at the same time as Lad Phrao

Yes online reporting is working. Link for it: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

The Major Hollywood office moved in December of last year to Big C Rat Burana. They have been reported as telling people no more 90 day reports also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spambot said:

Hi smo

Is online working?

yes as I said in my original post  - so let me repeat here :

"So I did my online report last week for the first time, and got approved the same day (couldn't be happier!)"

( - and thanks to ubonjoe for the link!)

11 hours ago, soinowinbkk said:

When I went in late August, I was told and there were signs posted that NO MORE 90-DAY REPORTING after some time before what would be my next report date, 90 days later. I think it was 31 or 15 October 2017. They were adamant at the window when the told me.

Thanks for specific deadlines. 31 Oct it must be, as my friend did it yesterday the 16th. So I guess farang expats can still come in (AYOR) and get it done at LP as we speak for this week and next. Strange that my friend did not notice any signs posted, or maybe he was just clueless. My telling him about it did not ring alarm bell to him, oh well... He's been warned (by me!)

11 hours ago, soinowinbkk said:

..But still so much more convenient and quicker (1 hour) than the usual at Chaeng Wattana (2-4 hours plus commute time and expense).

How do you manage to make just a 90 day report at Chaeng Wattana take 2-4 hours, do you time your arrival for lunchtime?  20 -40 minutes once you've got your ticket is what it normally takes me if I don't do it by post.