Holidays And Sickness Pay?

30 sick days per annum.

6 annual leave days per annum.

its all ass up if you ask me. ive worked at my current job for 6 months and have never taken a sick day. other people start work and their second day is a sick day!

in my opinion, it should be the other day around. at least you can plan for annual leave and get someone to cover. people seem to have the attitude 'well, its mine to take so i might as well take it' because they get so few annual leave days.

switch it around and you would get more productivity from the staff.

Thanks for the replies.

My next question is - I don't get paid for sick days and I don't seem to have any holiday allowence.

What can I do about it? Obviously first steps would be talking to my employer, but beyond that I have no idea??

"A piker walks at the bell. A piker asks how much vacation time you get in the first year. Vacation time? People come and work at this firm for one reason: to become filthy rich. That's it. You want vacation time? Go teach third grade, public school." -- Boiler Room

Thanks for the replies.

My next question is - I don't get paid for sick days and I don't seem to have any holiday allowence.

What can I do about it? Obviously first steps would be talking to my employer, but beyond that I have no idea??

Quit and get a new job. Where do you currently work?