Taksin Bridge kitten rescuer highly praised on Facebook

webfact

Taksin Bridge kitten rescuer highly praised on Facebook

By The Nation

2e6a18ca91937d57ccc089c2f9afa3e9.jpeg

A tattoo artist became a hero for online social networkers overnight after he risked his life on to rescue a tiny kitten in the middle of the road on the Taksin Bridge on Wednesday.

The video clip of the rescue from a dashboard camera attached to his helmet was viewed over 965,900 times in about 20 hours after the man posted it on his Facebook wall at 4pm on Wednesday.

The man, whose Facebook account is titled as “Un, No-name Tattoo Artist”, recounted on his post that it was raining and his motorcycle had a problem with the accelerator cable when he encountered the poor kitten in the middle of the road.

The clip showed the man parking his motorcycle and rushing out to pick up the kitten in front of a pickup truck that stopped.

The man recounted in the post that he took the kitten to the Kawasaki service centre where he had his motorcycle fixed and someone had adopted the kitten.

A lot of Facebook users thanked the man in their posts.

The main post with two video clips and the photo of the rescued kitten in a box at the Kawasaki centre was shared over 4,900 times and received over 13,000 “likes”.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30329671

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-19

That is one of the main things I love about Thailand. Most people care about animals. I think it's a Buddhist thing and if it is, I want to become a Buddhist. I see Thai people feeding stray dogs on the roads, and it is uplifting, heartwarming. This man saved a life, and that was a precious thing to do. I raise my hat to him. Well done sir!

5 hours ago, Shackleton123 said:

That is one of the main things I love about Thailand. Most people care about animals. I think it's a Buddhist thing and if it is, I want to become a Buddhist. I see Thai people feeding stray dogs on the roads, and it is uplifting, heartwarming. This man saved a life, and that was a precious thing to do. I raise my hat to him. Well done sir!

Yes and then he goes home to eat a plate full of meat like real Buddhist.

3 hours ago, Shackleton123 said:

2 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Yes and then he goes home to eat a plate full of meat like real Buddhist.

Many Buddhists are also Animism believers. 'google' that one for a better understanding. I maybe wrong but they will eat but do not want to do the killing.

5 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Many Buddhists are also Animism believers. 'google' that one for a better understanding. I maybe wrong but they will eat but do not want to do the killing.

Yes like much of the rest of the world . As long as the meat is on their plate , just ignore the killing.

39 minutes ago, BuaBS said:

Yes like much of the rest of the world . As long as the meat is on their plate , just ignore the killing.

Having spent some time on a farm and also a short work stint in a meatworks/abattoir I have no problem doing either the killing or the eating. But I do not subscribe to any belief/religious system that may sway me. Humans are at the top of the food chain and not likely to change anytime soon.  :smile: :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, Shackleton123 said:

Most people eat them, how is that caring about them? Feeding stray dogs is one of the more idiotic things people do here, most have rabies and they just make the situation worse. Yes he saved the little cat, then went home and ate a chicken.