Cost to replace iPad 3 (2012) glass?

attrayant

My iPad just got dropped and the glass cracked even though it’s in a case. Coincidentally I am headed to Zeer soon and will see about getting the glass replaced.

Has anyone had this done, and if so what was the price. I have no idea what something like this should cost and want to avoid getting hosed.

It’s an older model (the last one that had the 30-pin connector), so hopefully not too much for such an antique.

Oh I had forgotten about this thread.  

I didn't even go to Zeer, I went to the local Big C where there's a few dozen phone vendors in the basement and some of them have technicians.  The guy said he didn't have the part on hand and would have to order it.  ETA 3 days, repair estimated at 2,700 baht.  

The very next day he called and said it's ready.  Turns out that it hadn't broken "deeply" and he could salvage the display module and therefore he only replaced the overlying glass.  This reduced the cost of the repair to 2000, which was a pleasant surprise.

Now I need to find a case for this antique.

On 10/22/2017 at 7:18 PM, attrayant said:

Oh I had forgotten about this thread.  

I didn't even go to Zeer, I went to the local Big C where there's a few dozen phone vendors in the basement and some of them have technicians.  The guy said he didn't have the part on hand and would have to order it.  ETA 3 days, repair estimated at 2,700 baht.  

The very next day he called and said it's ready.  Turns out that it hadn't broken "deeply" and he could salvage the display module and therefore he only replaced the overlying glass.  This reduced the cost of the repair to 2000, which was a pleasant surprise.

Now I need to find a case for this antique.

Good news!  

Archived