Bangkok Bank Question

bearsamui

I currently have a bank account with Bangkok bank. Im looking at applying to get online banking through them - I have all the requirements they need for application.

My question is has anyone had experience with Thai online banking? Mainly my query is as I am out of Thailand working alot of the time I need to be able to transfer money to family members whilst outside the country. Is this possible while outside the country? anyone with any experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I have as I do many transactions on line with Bangkok Bank, from paying bills, transferring funds to Thai folk to having direct credits and debits in Thailand and from overseas.

The online facility can be used anywhere in the world, to my knowledge, and I have used this in NZ and Vietnam.

I like their system and its ease of use, plus they keep me up to date on poss scams and phishing with regular warnings.

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

The online facility can be used anywhere in the world, to my knowledge, and I have used this in NZ and Vietnam.

The only issue may be that if you have to set up a new payee you will need to have access to your Thai number for the One Time Password - correct me if I am wrong xylophone?

As long as your sim can receive a text no problem and no charge.

22 minutes ago, topt said:

The only issue may be that if you have to set up a new payee you will need to have access to your Thai number for the One Time Password - correct me if I am wrong xylophone?

As long as your sim can receive a text no problem and no charge.

You are right topt...........although I haven't encountered that potential problem as I have set up my payees whilst in Thailand. Something to consider though.

I use BKK Bank 'Bualang iBanking' regularly to transfer funds from Oz to Thailand and from my acct to my b/f's. Very quick & easy - entirely comparable to Oz systems for ease of use and haven't had any problems with security.

Dealing with them over the counter, both in BKK & here in Prasat, has always been easy & helpful also.

Edited by mfd101

Besides my deposit savings account i also have a current account. Sending money from Thailand to overseas account in EUR/USD etc works like a charm. Everything can be done online. You can even register a new beneficiary. Usually takes only 24hrs.

I am long time customer with Bangkok Bank and have no complains.

Edited by Lammbock