Highway 7 Tolls to start Jan 5th

orlov

Highway 7 tolls between Pattaya and Chonburi are apparently due to start on Jan 5th with cars initially costing 60 baht until Songkran. On April 18th the price will rise to 105 baht. My first thought is 'why make it 105 baht' and not 100 baht. Most motorists won't have the exact money so the booth operators will be constantly giving out change and this will slow down the throughput of cars enormously.  I can't see regular daily commuters wanting to cough up 1,000 baht/week or more either and can foresee a substantial increase in traffic along the coast road through Si Racha.  I also fail to understand why this toll road, which is supposed to be motorway standard, has no proper exits onto the service road that allows access to filling stations etc.  What exits exist are basically just small gaps in the barriers with no proper signage as to when these gaps might be coming up or what services might be available within the next 1-2 kms if you do decide to use one of them.  By the time a petrol station comes into view there is no way of getting off the motorway and stopping at it. It seems to me that If the authorities are going to charge over 100 baht to use this road then they should at least have installed clear signage giving information about the services ahead and proper slip roads with count down markings like every other country does, instead of just a gap in the hedge. .