SURVEY: Gun Control -- Is it time to curtail gun ownership in the US?

Scott

Gun Control--Is it time to curtail gun ownership in the US?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I didn't mention the word Americans or US in my prior missive that you're replying to. Neither I nor any sensible group of people will compel cowboys to give up guns.  It's known that cowboys would go ape-shit if that idea were floated.  I don't want to be shot at.  It would be like trying to take an addictive substance away from an addict.  Lots of anger, vindictiveness, screaming would ensue.

OK if you say so. I'm just trying to understand.  Why did you write

"I don't eat red meat.  Several reasons why:

>>>  I don't like the way steer are raised. They're miserable.

>>>  Several additives, incl. hormones and anti-biotics,  r pumped into the beast.  Do consumers eat that also?  You tell me.

>>>  It's anti-environmental.  Depletes, hogs and pollutes resources.  

>>>  it's unhealthy.  Beef takes 2 to 4 weeks to go thru the tubes. During that time, it putrefies.

>>>  I've had bulls as friends.  A v. large one, recently, is so calm he lets me walk up to him and play with his horns and ears, which are near 2 ft long.

p.s there's a pig farm in my area, in n. Thailand. The sows are in cages that don't allow them to stand or roll over.  Disgusting."

And what does it have to do with guns ownership?

Edited by amvet

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

Me, it appears you need to layoff some of whatever you're taking. The heavy caliber and overkill comments were in response to your statement of me butchering game because of the ordnance I use and your suggestion I may want an M60--or do you not remember what you said?  Herding pigs for others to shoot, no matter how difficult it may be, is not hunting; it's criminal.  I have had enough of your banter. Please continue this by yourself.

Oh, so you want to pick up your bat and ball and go home. Very well.

@ boomerangutang, I did not reference Spanish history I referenced all of history.

Machine guns are virtully impossible to obtain in the US. The process is long and expensive. The weapons used were semi auto and modified "illegally" if that word means anything to you, to simulate auto fire.

I've heard the recordings taken the night of the shooting; it was automatic weapons fire.

The kill wounded ratio is to high for a  single shooter 58 dead 500 wounded in the short time frame.

A picture released of the shooters room does not match the story they are telling.

And after today's release of the JFK files I'll never believe anything  that comes out of the mouths of anyone acting or representing  the US Governments views on anything!

13 hours ago, SEEDGER said:

@ boomerangutang, I did not reference Spanish history I referenced all of history.

Machine guns are virtully impossible to obtain in the US. The process is long and expensive. The weapons used were semi auto and modified "illegally" if that word means anything to you, to simulate auto fire.

I've heard the recordings taken the night of the shooting; it was automatic weapons fire.

The kill wounded ratio is to high for a  single shooter 58 dead 500 wounded in the short time frame.

A picture released of the shooters room does not match the story they are telling.

And after today's release of the JFK files I'll never believe anything  that comes out of the mouths of anyone acting or representing  the US Governments views on anything!

1) There wasn't any illegal modification, it was just "bump stocks" - Google it. 

2) .223 rounds fired wildly into a crowd, hitting almost any part of the body, or hitting the ground and then hugging the ground (as they do), will produce exactly the fractions you describe: 58/500 makes perfect sense. 

Here's a video which shows the types of Americans who are gun lovers.  The shots (pun intended) where elders are indoctrinating little kids is, to me, particularly disturbing.  They are spawning future redneck-thinking - thereby increasing the saturation of guns in the US ....and increasing the chances of killings/accidents/mass shootings taking place in the future.

It's like watching elders teaching children how to make chemical or bio weapons, while they're telling the kids, 'isn't this great!  When you have a gun, you can shoot anyone; a bully,   someone who takes your parking space, someone who gives you a bad look or the finger.'  

You'll always win an argument if you can point a loaded gun at the other person and pull the trigger.  You'll always get your way, unless that other person also has a gun and is quicker at the draw.   

America is going down a slippery slope, and gun-loving insanity is greasing the wheels.

So the latest is some military reject kills  26 people in a Texas church. Trump says it's a mental illness problem, nothing to do with guns. Same old same old.

Why is it that the pro-gun people cannot make the connection between semi-automatic weapons and successful (sic) gun massacres?  Perhaps schools in America are so busy teaching creationism there is no room on the curriculum for formal logic.

22 hours ago, bazza73 said:

So the latest is some military reject kills  26 people in a Texas church. Trump says it's a mental illness problem, nothing to do with guns. Same old same old.

Why is it that the pro-gun people cannot make the connection between semi-automatic weapons and successful (sic) gun massacres?  Perhaps schools in America are so busy teaching creationism there is no room on the curriculum for formal logic.

And semi -automatic weapons converted to fully automatic as in Las Vegas.

After the Las Vegas massacre where a man armed with modified fully automatic assault weapons killed over 50 and wounded over 500 there is now talk by some politicians to ban the ‘bump stocks’ which are used to modify semi- automatic weapons.

If he only had a semi-automatic weapon then the chances are he might. only have killed about 30 and wounded around 300.

However there is no great urgency by the politicians to ban the semi-automatic weapons as small scale massacres are so routine that they are acceptable in the American way of life.

PS: what happened to half the taskbar where i could reduce the size of the text.

Edited by Scott
font