Nuts, bolts, screws, washers, tools and small diy items

speedtripler

Where is the best place to pick up these things normally in  bkk, Thailand? 

Probably they're around if you have fluent Thai enough to describe what you're looking for but I'd rather a big shop you can walk around and find if possible 

(local homepro was pretty crap tbh) 

1 hour ago, keeniau96 said:

HomePro and HomeWorks have many such small items in small plastic bags hanging on the wall in the hardware section. Also good idea re Crossy for a photo and show to the local hardware shop.

What I try to do is go to google translate and get both the English and Thai words, copy them onto a document, then get a photo from online and add that to the document and print it out.

Easy for you and easy for the shop staff who may not speak English or understand your spoken Thai.

It works for me 99% of the time. Also taking one of the items you want helps even more.

While there are small shops all over BKK that carry nuts and bolts, if you want to hit a mother lode, point your GPS to:

13 44 10.31 N x 100 30 48.73 E

It's a metals market that takes up several blocks in Chinatown where you can buy nuts and bolts in many materials and so many styles that it always amazes me.  Also steel, aluminum and copper in many forms- rod, sheet, pipe, square tube, etc.  Hoses, hydraulics, welding, and other goodies as well.

10 minute brisk walk (15-20 minutes if you walk like a local) from the Hua Lampong MRT station.

10 minutes ago, impulse said:

While there are small shops all over BKK that carry nuts and bolts, if you want to hit a mother lode, point your GPS to:

It's a metals market that takes up several blocks in Chinatown where you can buy nuts and bolts in many materials and so many styles that it always amazes me.  Also steel, aluminum and copper in many forms- rod, sheet, pipe, square tube, etc.  Hoses, hydraulics, welding, and other goodies as well.

10 minute brisk walk (15-20 minutes if you walk like a local) from the Hua Lampong MRT station.

I remember going there years ago and thought that it was like Aladdins cave. In that area you could find almost any tools you wanted, most electrical machines, hardware etc but the hardest thing to find was somewhere to park.

Sadly I now live some 400 km away in rural Khampaeng Phet.

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎23 at 2:12 AM, impulse said:

Could you please check the GPS coordinates? Google gives that location as being near the Vichaiyut Medical Center. 

32 minutes ago, JohnMc45 said:

Could you please check the GPS coordinates? Google gives that location as being near the Vichaiyut Medical Center. 

We probably have different Lat/Lon settings under Tools/Options in Google Earth.  I use Degrees, Minutes, Seconds but I'm too lazy to pull up the Windows Character map to find the characters to type out.  I figure that leaving the spaces in the correct places make it apparent, but that's not helpful.  My bad.

Try:

13°44'10.31"N  100°30'48.73"E

59ef22588d885_ChinatownMetalsmarket.jpg.1b3b9d5abd7bc6737058827c3ed9e4de.jpg

Thank you, Yes it is something to do with Google maps on my desktop. It doesn't even like the coordinate format in there help window. Have to remove all spaces between Lat&Long. There examples use one space.  I knew you where using Deg,Min, Sec  did not notice you had you had left the characters out as that is common short hand but mostly do to it being 5am here and me being two sips in to my coffee.  

7 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

For all that stuff, I always head to Klong Thom! The area surrounding the center is street after street of nuts, bolts and tools.

https://goo.gl/maps/g5xmyriaDNH2

Yes me too, but be aware of fake copy copy tools there. And always ask the price first.

I bought some bolts from a shop along the road and later found them 6 times cheaper, exactly the same ones...There are very good shops in the area but you just have to find them by walking around.

Also really nobody speaks english, not even in the banks.

There's a good little hardware shop on Sukhumvit Road near to Terminal 21 and Asoke BTS.  It's in the row of shophouses at the side of Robinsons/McDonald's.  Opposite the Sheraton Hotel..

I agree the second one with the ladies serving speak very good English and they sell absolutely everything, it was a big joke when I went there one day and finally found something they didn't have in stock.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 5 months later...
20 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I used to listen to a lot of his early stuff from the 1990s

He did some very good stuff...I wish there was an official video  for "hardware store".. that one was quite good the however I think the "Bohemian Rhapsody"  bit didn't quite work.

Archived