Anyone speak Spanish?

steve2112

Hola! i'm planning a big motorcycle adventure to Mexico and beyond and i'm learning Spanish right now. 

Are there any Spanish speakers around, preferably in south island, that would like to meet and and chat sometime? i'm buying the cerveza.

thx steve

2 minutes ago, tolsti said:

I am sure that there are many Spanish speaking people on South Island. However, as this is a Thailand based forum as opposed to a New Zealand forum you may wish to post over there.

I assume the OP was talking about the south end of phuket island ... so very Phuket Forum related.

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I assume the OP was talking about the south end of phuket island ... so very Phuket Forum related.

Doncha love the people who parachute into a Phuket forum without thinking it through!

3 hours ago, schlog said:

Watchin Narcos serie you will learn a lot. My spanish improved every season about 100%.

Hearing my hijo de pxtx you think Pablo is still alive lol.

Narcos is really hard for me to understand but i found another show about Escobar on netflix that has Spanish closed captions, I've started watching that. i also use duolingo online which is free and fun to use.

Appointment set for tomorrow, Steve. 

Another one is El Chapo, another Netflix series. Brilliantly written and acted. This time it is Mexican Spanish, not Colombian Spanish as in the Escobar Netflix.

Mexican castillan is hard to understand as they speak their own screwed up slangs. Super difficult for native speakers to understand them.

7 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Another one is El Chapo, another Netflix series. Brilliantly written and acted. This time it is Mexican Spanish, not Colombian Spanish as in the Escobar Netflix.

do you mean Chapo, El escape del siglo? just took a quick look, it has Spanish CC, i'll try it for sure

my nextflix says El Chapo is coming Oct 27

Edited by steve2112