Hat Yai bloodbath as motorcycle taxi man, 59, shoots ex-lover 37, then himself

webfact

Hat Yai bloodbath as motorcycle taxi man, 59, shoots ex-lover 37, then himself

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

An old motorcycle taxi man would not leave his ex-gik alone and went to her room armed with a gun.

In full view of the victim's friend in a rented room he unloaded six shots into her.

Then he turned the gun on himself.

Police were told that the shooter had a wife but refused to leave his younger girlfriend.

Hat Yai police who arrived at the scene of a rented room in Saeng Sri Soi 1 found Khamneung Phimphak, 37, from Ubon Ratchathani shot in the body six times. She was a bag seller in a local market.

Next to her and lying on a .38 gun was Pramot Chatwiriyayothin. The motorcycle taxi rider who worked at the rank at Hat Yai station had a single shot to the temple.

There were four more bullets in the chamber and seven casings lying about the room.

A friend of the female victim said that she had come to stay with her to get away from Pramot who was already married.

The pair had had a long relationship but she wanted to end it. He had tried to strangle her on an earlier occasion and had phoned Khamneung's mother to say that if she didn't get back together with him he would kill her.

He kept his promise yesterday.

The roommate said she saw her friend being shot then fled the scene before hearing one last shot then only silence.

Police said that after Pramot shot her six times he reloaded and shot himself.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-24

36 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Every day now stories about murder with guns, seems a good reason to start thinking of leaving here now

Why?

Unless you're someones gik, as in this case..........................:wink:

26 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Gun shops in Thailand? Where?

There's lots of them in Bangkok, I can't remember the name of the area but I think it's not too far from Yaowarat.  Why are you surprised, guns are legal here, as is owning a licenced one.

Edited by Just Weird

Just now, Just Weird said:

There's lots of them in Bangkok, I can't remember the name of the area but I think it's not too far from Yaowarat.  Why are you surprised, guns are legal here as is owning a licenced one.

but guns also cost something 5 times what they cost in the United states... in the states, you can get a cheap handgun for less than 7000 baht.  

I bought a Glock in the states cost about 17,000 baht in Thailand i decided i wanted to get one in thailand until i saw the crazy ass pricetag of 75,000 (want a gun but not that badly!)

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

There's lots of them in Bangkok, I can't remember the name of the area but I think it's not too far from Yaowarat.  Why are you surprised, guns are legal here, as is owning a licenced one.

Good to know if you ever need one then. Not for farangs though.

8 minutes ago, speckio said:

but guns also cost something 5 times what they cost in the United states... in the states, you can get a cheap handgun for less than 7000 baht.  

I bought a Glock in the states cost about 17,000 baht in Thailand i decided i wanted to get one in thailand until i saw the crazy ass pricetag of 75,000 (want a gun but not that badly!)

Oh.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

There were four more bullets in the chamber and seven casings lying about the room.

I have never seen a weapon that could have more than one round in a chamber at one time. Perhaps there were 4 rounds in a magazine or if a revolver there may have been 4 rounds remaining in the cylinder 

7 hours ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Gun shops in Thailand? Where?

"80 gun and weapons shops line Wang Burapha Road. Shotguns and rifles stand upright in retail window displays next to arrays of handguns and ammo."
Google search for "Gun shops in Thailand" :About 651,000 results (0.82 seconds)
Yes, there are some in Hat Yai too, as well as shooting ranges.:shock1: