Taxi driver versus Police in Patong

webfact

Taxi driver versus Police in Patong

At the end, the taxi driver dared the police officers to remove their uniforms and fight with him.

By Tim Newton

A taxi driver in Patong released a video clip of him getting a warning from two traffic police not to park in the prohibited area near Loma Park.

The video shows the man complaining to the two police officers that there were many cars parked in the same area but none of them were caught by the police, only him who happened to be a taxi driver.

“Police have to take care of people. Police arrest only taxis. They’d be better arresting thieves. I can barely make a living these days and cannot pay for my car anymore. Don’t you care about it,” the taxi barks at police in the video.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/taxi-driver-versus-police-patong

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-10-24

2 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

Always the same excuse, we r poor we need to make a living..

The shouldnt the taxi driver be driving around looking for customer instead of parking n waiting? Oh right becos he is a taxi mafia and this is his area to park.

Yup, they're always crying about not being able to make a living. The amusing thing is they're too stupid to realize that they've caused the problem themselves by over-saturating the market to the point that the market cannot support the number of taxis in the area.

Even if the taxis were given exclusive use of every parking space in Patong, leaving no spaces for the general public (which is what they want), they still would be complaining because there's simply not enough customers to support their numbers.

One would think that their own association would regulate the number of taxis to the benefit of its members, but then why would they, since the more taxis are in the association, the more money the association rakes in.

Patong taxi driver apologises for challenging police officer to fight

Premkamon Ketsara

33w4bqu.jpg

Taxi driver Mr Boonlop Mueanharn (centre) seen here at today's (Oct 24) meeting with police and military officials. Photo: 25th Infantry Regiment

PHUKET:-- Soldiers from the Royal Thai Army’s 25th Infantry Regiment, based in Phuket, were called in to support police today (Oct 24) at a meeting held following an altercation between a Patong taxi driver and a traffic police officer that was caught on video on the afternoon of Oct 19.

In the video footage, recorded on Thaweewong Rd (Patong beach road), a taxi driver complains to two traffic police officers on motorbikes about parking spaces.

The taxi driver says to police, “It is not enough. There are a lot of cars parked around here.”

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-taxi-driver-apologises-for-challenging-police-officer-to-fight-64436.php#KVU0hvjoWoGCz2IC.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-10-24

What cracks me up is that they want the person who posted the video to apologise to the police as well. If it wasn't for social media this 'incident' would have been buried.

Interesting that people are bitching about cops kicking a guy off a bike in Hua hin (proactive) and commenting about them  'slinking away' here(reactive)- if they'd got into a big confrontation things would have escalated rapidly.

At lest people have been forced to address the issue and embarrass people- it's the only way to deal with stuff like this in Phuket. Evolution, not revolution.

The parking spaces in that exact area on the clip are always taken by the local traders, mini buses, taxis and the odd Tuk Tuk, don't think many tourists get the chance or allowed to park there (in public parking spaces lol) these dudes are then double parked trying to pick up punters on what is the only route out from the beach front at present so always busy there with traffic...

My heart pumps p i$$ as one of my old gaffers used to say...