Public Pools

EvenSteven

Are farangs aware of the level of contamination in public pools in Thailand?  I suspect that few pools are monitored and kept safe.  Yet people seem not to care and end up with ear, eye and throat infections as a result of exposing themselves to such bacteria, ruining their trip in the process.  If people gave a moment's thought about the quality of the water they are entering, I doubt they would go in.  After all, who in their right mind would enter a pool of water that has effectively washed out every one's crack of their ass and arm pits, not to mention all of the kiddie piss and snot rockets floating around?  Some "food for thought" for those who insist on staying at a hotel with a pool.

36 minutes ago, Valentine said:

I don't understand the point of the OP. No evidence presented to show hotel pools are not being maintained properly. May as well not cross the road because there are cars on it.

Agree 100 % the hotels  that  I have stayed in, the pools are maintained ,one hotel even had the chlorine levels posted each day, even at extremely low levels of chlorine which prevent any cross contamination between bathers.

A good rule of thumb is,if the water looks bright clean and has a bit of a sparkle  to it go for it.

If it looks good enough to drink its a good sign.

Archived