Helping the wife - why keep a dog and bark yourself - what do you think .

Once Bitten

On 10/27/2017 at 5:53 PM, gamini said:

Stupid post. Who is he asking? Wealthy expats, medium well off, poor expats. Wealthy ones have live in servants. Others have daily servants others have part time. many have none.

I had servants in my early days as an expat; never liked having people around, poking through our stuff and disturbing our privacy, neither does my wife. We've even tried once- or twice-a-week maid service, same problems. So we have done without servants for most of our lives--the dry cleaners did our business clothes and the washer and dryer, with a little folding from my wife, did our casual clothes. In fact, my wife enjoys cooking, gardening and taking care of the house, but sometimes the dishes do pile up. No problem, we go out to eat, sometimes 8-10 times a week. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Usless even if he is providing the money you dont enslave a wife. Well normal people dont.

Thai wedding vow?? Niether of us spoke at the 2 ceromonies so how does that work then?

MIDFO

You should speak to a Buddhist Monk, they are the experts.

10 hours ago, smotherb said:

I had servants in my early days as an expat; never liked having people around, poking through our stuff and disturbing our privacy, neither does my wife. We've even tried once- or twice-a-week maid service, same problems. So we have done without servants for most of our lives--the dry cleaners did our business clothes and the washer and dryer, with a little folding from my wife, did our casual clothes. In fact, my wife enjoys cooking, gardening and taking care of the house, but sometimes the dishes do pile up. No problem, we go out to eat, sometimes 8-10 times a week. 

I'm happy to take care of myself, apart from sex, it's nice to have someone else in the room with me then.

Oh, and looking after the kids, I'm too selfish to spend ALL my time with them.

I work, she's a housewife and dealer with officialdom.

Visa's, work permit, revenue dept, Amphur office, lawyers - all her remit.

Me - running the business, bringing home the bacon - minimum 12 hours a day.

Shared - taking kids to school, daily Starbucks collection, driving home from the pub, oral pleasure...

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I'm happy to take care of myself, apart from sex, it's nice to have someone else in the room with me then.

Oh, and looking after the kids, I'm too selfish to spend ALL my time with them.

I too can take care of myself, but I prefer to be taken care of. My kid is grown, but while he was young, I worked from home while the wife was in the office, so I was the stay-at-home hubbie. In those days, I did the housework and took care of the kid and had dinner ready for the wife when she came home--or, as now, often we went out. Most enjoyable, I was the parent present at all his afternoon sport practices and games. Maybe that is one reason my wife prefers to take care of me now; nevertheless, the kid is grown, we are retired, and she is much younger than I.

In days gone by the man would see a woman he fancied, whack her over the head and drag her, by the hair, into the nearest cave and shag her. All the while she would be squealing, like a pig, but secretely hoping he didn't spot a better looking or younger girl on the way to a cave.

After the deed he would fall alsleep but she would get up, chase any vermin out and generally tidy up their new home. And make a bit of grub for luvver boy. He would awaken, look around and think 'this is a half-decent pad'. After food he would see the lady bending over cleaning and think 'I'll hang my hat here for a while'.

Of course 9 months later the little one would pop out and that was that. Hooked!! Line and sinker. "Give me some pebbles to get a fish for dinner dear. I know you have some hidden away."

Some on TVForum would like to turn the clock back a little. And why not?????

When my wife and her teen kids came to Melbourne I got out of bed at silly hours and paid for everything. No complaints.  She kept a good veg garden but never got a job.  It bugged me that she'd lay around all day watching stupid Thai soaps or slapstick comedies which would embarrass Norman Wisdom.    So now we moved to her farm  and Geez the difference. I wake up at 6am and she's gone, she's feeding the pigs, collecting the duck and chicken eggs, feeding our 3 cows, she's in her element, back where she belongs. I'm called the lazy one now but she has her areas of the farm and I have mine.  Peace hopefully will prevail.

On 10/28/2017 at 8:37 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

Equality is Marxist social engineering, probably with the aim of destroying the west.

It ain't real, and it doesn't work, unless you form a society based around bailing out the disastrous results.

Which would be welfare, for single women, single mothers, transfer of assets from men to women, and a system to support your national population when women refuse to breed. Then you would need another policy to sort out the dysgenics of the situation ...... (the more capable women working without breeding and the inferior women breeding profusely, and all of them choosing the worst of men to breed with)

You are talking about the current environment in Australia.

On 10/29/2017 at 3:00 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

My MiL is my age ......... ewwwwwwww ..... doesn't bare thinking about!

Not sure where you are going with that. My mother-in-law is my age too. However, in case you missed it, my wife is, "much younger than I." Funny, that. She was much younger than I when we met and I have enjoyed having that much younger, good looking, intelligent, and capable woman for many years. When she and our 31 year old son go out, people often think they are married.

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

Not sure where you are going with that. My mother-in-law is my age too. However, in case you missed it, my wife is, "much younger than I." Funny, that. She was much younger than I when we met and I have enjoyed having that much younger, good looking, intelligent, and capable woman for many years. When she and our 31 year old son go out, people often think they are married.

On second thoughts, I don't think I'll go there.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, sipi said:

I leave the toilet seat up and she ties my undies in a knot.

Ah, the biggest women's complaint against men- "you leave the toilet seat up". I guess they don't have much to complain about then.

If a woman were ever to say that to me, I'd say that I'd put it down after I use it when they put it up after using it.

Probably the best way to shut them up is just to leave it down and piddle on it.

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, the biggest women's complaint against men- "you leave the toilet seat up". I guess they don't have much to complain about then.

If a woman were ever to say that to me, I'd say that I'd put it down after I use it when they put it up after using it.

Probably the best way to shut them up is just to leave it down and piddle on it.

I agree with you TBL. They are simply moaning rats. They do not, and do not want to, understand us men. If it wasn't the toilet seat it would be hiding the TV remote to stop her watching Thai soaps or farting in front of their sisters or taking out false teeth in a restaurtant.

If I pee on the seat I wash it off with the water jet; still she moans.

Edited by owl sees all

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I agree with you TBL. They are simply moaning rats. They do not, and do not want to, understand us men. If it wasn't the toilet seat it would be hiding the TV remote to stop her watching Thai soaps or farting in front of their sisters or taking out false teeth in a restaurtant.

If I pee on the seat I wash it off with the water jet; still she moans.

The expensive way to solve this is to have one urinal and one toilet.  The cheap way is to train her to leave the seat up.

I have explained to my GF that I get back problems if I have to bend over repeatedly to lift the toilet seat up. If I have back problems, I can't take her shopping. She seems to have understood the connection quite well.

On 10/30/2017 at 9:04 AM, owl sees all said:

In days gone by the man would see a woman he fancied, whack her over the head and drag her, by the hair, into the nearest cave and shag her. All the while she would be squealing, like a pig, but secretely hoping he didn't spot a better looking or younger girl on the way to a cave.

After the deed he would fall alsleep but she would get up, chase any vermin out and generally tidy up their new home. And make a bit of grub for luvver boy. He would awaken, look around and think 'this is a half-decent pad'. After food he would see the lady bending over cleaning and think 'I'll hang my hat here for a while'.

Of course 9 months later the little one would pop out and that was that. Hooked!! Line and sinker. "Give me some pebbles to get a fish for dinner dear. I know you have some hidden away."

Some on TVForum would like to turn the clock back a little. And why not?????

The year is 2017 , no one wants to go back to the 1950's

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I always tell them the toilet seat has hinges for a reason; if you want it down, put it down.

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

The expensive way to solve this is to have one urinal and one toilet.  The cheap way is to train her to leave the seat up.

I have explained to my GF that I get back problems if I have to bend over repeatedly to lift the toilet seat up. If I have back problems, I can't take her shopping. She seems to have understood the connection quite well.

You may like my land in WV. When someone asks where to go, I tell them I have a pissing tree out back of the cabin and they will know which tree. I have a urinal strapped to a tree with buried PVC running down over the hill.

4 hours ago, smotherb said:

You may like my land in WV. When someone asks where to go, I tell them I have a pissing tree out back of the cabin and they will know which tree. I have a urinal strapped to a tree with buried PVC running down over the hill.

The most peculiar one I've seen is at a meeting place for Akha villagers most of the way up Doi Mae Salong - every year, they have a big festival. The male toilets consist of angled half sections of bamboo channels at adult and child pecker height, leading into a larger bamboo section. No flushing, just gravity.

Apropos of nothing, my GF's favorite song is John Denver's " Country Roads ".