Australian deputy PM says he respects court decision that ruled him ineligible for parliament

webfact

Australian deputy PM says he respects court decision that ruled him ineligible for parliament

tag-reuters.jpg

Australian Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce sits in the House of Representatives at Parliament House in Canberra, Australia, August 14, 2017. AAP/Mick Tsikas/via REUTERS/Files

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australian Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce said on Friday he respected a High Court verdict that ruled he was ineligible to sit in parliament because he held dual citizenship, a decision that cost the government it's one-seat majority.

"I respect the verdict of the court," Joyce told reporters in the rural New South Wales town of Tamworth. "It's a pretty simple story, we're off to a by-election."

(Reporting by Byron Kaye; Editing by Paul Tait)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-10-27

Who cares ....    Australia's government is a big joke    !!    scum ...

not creating jobs.

very high electricity prices.

high food costs.

nanny state.

drug use is rampant

a wreaked justice system

zero wage growth

penalty rates canceled

banks never held accountable

not creating jobs.

high food costs.

nanny state.

drug use is rampant

a wreaked justice system

zero wage growth

penalty rates canceled

And UN law states you can not discriminate against people with disabilities but they only allow disabled pensioner 4 weeks a year outside of oz.

Good to see the tomatoe face gone and I bet Johnny dep is rolling around the floor laughing after the dog fiasco

19 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

And UN law states you can not discriminate against people with disabilities but they only allow disabled pensioner 4 weeks a year outside of oz.

That's because all those pensioners who lives in Thailand have no voice, no MP want to pick up the cause to fight for people who paid taxes all their working life and be treated like a pariah and second citizens by their own government ... while the government pays billions for doll bludgers...

Good riddance to bad rubbish.  The beginning of the end of this stinking corpse of a government.  No idea, no jobs, no drop in electricity prices (as promised) ,aiding and abetting the super wealthy and leaving the scraps for the peasants.  Australia has had a taste of Thatchersim.  It won't be pretty at the ballot box for fraudster Malcom.  Bring it on.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

not creating jobs.

high food costs.

nanny state.

drug use is rampant

a wreaked justice system

zero wage growth

penalty rates canceled

Correct me if I'm wrong...zero wage growth?  More likely minus zero wage growth.  Aussies are earning less while prices have gone up for goods and services.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

not creating jobs.

high food costs.

nanny state.

drug use is rampant

a wreaked justice system

zero wage growth

penalty rates canceled

Oh no! I didn't realize it was so awful! And all this has happened just since I left 23 months ago?

3 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Oh no! I didn't realize it was so awful! And all this has happened just since I left 23 months ago?

Been like that a long time, those little things important to some, for those not then they don't even notice.

10 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Tomato face should just retire on his 100k a year pension for life and free security team that all politicians are granted

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

He won't be entitled to the parliamentary pension, he lied and deceived the country and the electorate and gained his seat illegally,  he should go to prison for obtaining financial advantage by deception and when released join centerlink and fight for the age pension.

Edited by Thechook

All the decisions he made and all the votes he cast whilst impersonating an M.P should now be void.  It is a criminal offence to give false or misleading information to the electoral commission and the highest court in the land has found he did this.  This germ should be charged, do his time in prison and deported to New Zealand.

15 minutes ago, Thechook said:

This slimy little kiwi has had the world laughing at Australia and he should be deported immediately.   He is an inbred grub and deserves to go.

He's a slimy little inbred Aussie grub now, and he's eligible to stand in that festering boghole Tamworth. You deserve him.

18 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

He's a slimy little inbred Aussie grub now, and he's eligible to stand in that festering boghole Tamworth. You deserve him.

There's some comments that I wish I could tick twice........:clap2:

So Fiona Nash, Barnaby ' s deputy and next in line to be Acting Prime Minister whilst numnuts Turnbull is overseas has also been found guilty.  That only leaves Barnaby Joyce ' s gardener to step up and take the countries reigns.  Highly experienced at spreading manure on the mushrooms.

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

We will throw in a pavlova recipe and a couple of meat pies if you take him back

images-2.jpeg

Now just a bloody minute, cobber. You're sending us back our thieves, gangsters, traffickers, adulterers, pickpockets, assorted bludgers and the occasional rugby league player. But what you're suggesting is grounds for a divorce.

27 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Now just a bloody minute, cobber. You're sending us back our thieves, gangsters, traffickers, adulterers, pickpockets, assorted bludgers and the occasional rugby league player. But what you're suggesting is grounds for a divorce.

I don't think you've thought this through Dexlowe. If Barnyard gets deported back to Kiwiland it will raise the IQ in both countries ( borrowed from the late great Piggy Muldoon)

It's a shame Piggy's not around for this, he'd have loved it. I wasn't a fan of his politics but he had a great sense of humour... eh!

Image result for Piggy Muldoon

22 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Good to see the tomatoe face gone and I bet Johnny dep is rolling around the floor laughing after the dog fiasco

Disability pensioners get 4 weeks overseas annually, with payment. DSP is a working age payment. Most workers get 4 weeks annual leave, that is the reasoning.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:23 AM, InMyShadow said:

They also say you can not be a resident of two countries but the UN law states you can.

4 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

You cannot deport an Australian citizen.:sorry::wai:

It seems to have been ignored by a half baked Australian court that he is not a New Zealand citizen, he is an Australian citizen. He has to apply for and receive approval before he can claim NZ citizenship or hold a New Zealand passport. It appears that the courts are determined to keep Australias IQ at a world level low no matter how much we try and help.

8 hours ago, Thechook said:

He won't be entitled to the parliamentary pension, he lied and deceived the country and the electorate and gained his seat illegally,  he should go to prison for obtaining financial advantage by deception and when released join centerlink and fight for the age pension.

He is NOT a NZ citizen. He has one nationality, Australian. Get your facts right.

1 hour ago, tigermoth said:

It seems to have been ignored by a half baked Australian court that he is not a New Zealand citizen, he is an Australian citizen. He has to apply for and receive approval before he can claim NZ citizenship or hold a New Zealand passport. It appears that the courts are determined to keep Australias IQ at a world level low no matter how much we try and help.

A half baked Australian Court is it?  The information you have posted suggests you are not an Australian or even a New Zealander as you really have no idea.  Joyce held dual citizenship, hence his disqualification from holding a position in the Australian government.

He does not have to apply and receive approval for anything. He was born in Australia, therefore by birth is an Australian citizen.   Now here is the little bit that you have no idea about.  Under New Zealand law, children born to a New Zealand citizens automatically obtain citizenship.  It does not have to be activated or applied for. I'd suggest you check your facts before posting.

Given his dad was a New Zealander, this is the law that applies.   He obtained it by decent. therefore by holding dual citizenship he has breached section 44 of the constitution and is ineligible to sit in the Australian Parliament. Nothing to do with I.Q's and seeing what you wrote is completely fictitious, I cannot see how your IQ would help us Aussies in anyway.  Oh by the way,  who are we and when did us Aussies seek your help?:wai: