Best local embassy to get Non-O Dependent for non-Thai wife and child

I just got my one year Non-O extension Based on Retirement in Changwattana. I now need to get my Non-Thai wife(we just got married in Thailand) and her child 90 Day Non-O Dependent Visas and then piggyback those onto my extension back in Bangkok. Where is better - Vientiene or Penang? Anyone have recent experience? Documents required?

Thanks

Edited by calbts2

Vientiane would be a good location since it is the nearest of the 2 to Bangkok.

They will need original and copies of, marriage certificate and the child's birth certificate (translated to Thai if not in English). Copies of your passport photo page and extension of stay stamp.

27 minutes ago, leddie said:

will also depend on nationality of spouse....sub-continent countries like India and some others require the spouse to apply in the home country(maybe some African countries as well)

I think they would be aware of that already if that was the case.

The list of countries is here: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/RestrictedCountries2013.pdf

11 minutes ago, calbts2 said:

She is Fillipina. Would she have to get the Non-O in Manila or could she get in Penang/Vientiene?

She does not have to get it in Manila. She could apply at any nearby embassy or consulate.

I just called an one agent in Penang and he told me that in order to get Non-O visas for my wife and her child I need to have a bank letter or income affidavit because of money laundering. I find this odd since I already have a Non-O Retirement extension obtained in Bangkok and would be out of the country with a re-entry permit. Anybody else heard about this at Penang? Does Vientiane have this requirement?

Another agent in Penang said I cannot get them dependent visas off of my existing Non-O Retirement extension. I would have to apply for a new retirement Non-0 entirely at the  embassy and piggyback my dependents that way. I am now completely confused.

3 minutes ago, calbts2 said:

Anybody else heard about this at Penang? Does Vientiane have this requirement?

No and No

Sounds like confusion about what you are asking about.

The money in the bank sounds like he thought you were wanting a non-o visa as well.

The other one makes no sense at all.

Yeah it all sounds absurd since I already have the visa. Those agents in effect said I need to cancel my existing Non-O and apply for a new one in order to get my dependents on my visa? I will try and contact the Penang embassy directly on Monday and see what they say.

I was leaning on Penang because I am out of full visa pages in my Passport and I need at least one for Laos whereas Malaysia I don't.

But I am much more comfortable going to Vientiane. Looks like I need to get a new passport ASAP.