Temporary Bailey Bridge a quick fix for Chiang Mai

rooster59

Temporary Bailey Bridge a quick fix for Chiang Mai

By The Nation

5c66ac23b4b5dde7fe1686ca11d45892.jpeg

A Bailey Bridge was installed between Ban Huy Thong and Ban San Pu Loei in Chiang Mai’s San Pa Tong district on Friday to temporarily replace the four-lane 52-metre-long one that had been destroyed by a flash flood on Tuesday, said Department of Highways chief Thanin Somboon.

The installation of the 60-metre-long metal frame bridge would be completed later in the evening, he said.

Thanin urged people to alert the authority via the hotline 1586 about any other flood-damaged bridges.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30330267

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-28

7 minutes ago, Thechook said:

If the solid original bridge built by thai engineers washed away I don't put much faith in a temporary built by thai engineers.  Need to get the guys who built that one over the river Kwai 70 years ago.

not many of those poor men left with us now, bless their souls. those were the days when men were men.

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

If the solid original bridge built by thai engineers washed away I don't put much faith in a temporary built by thai engineers.  Need to get the guys who built that one over the river Kwai 70 years ago.

Many "died" on the job while "working" for the  Japanese emperor, while the rest will probably also be dead by now.

The overseers still are convinced they were, and are, victims also.

On 28/10/2017 at 6:16 AM, hansnl said:

Many "died" on the job while "working" for the  Japanese emperor, while the rest will probably also be dead by now.

There is only one or two foreign service left alive now. 40,000 foreign service men died building it. Which was insignificant, when you consider that a 100,000 Thais died building it. You can't consider killing a 140,000 people to build a bridge in San Pa Tong now, regardless as to how good or bad it is.

On 10/28/2017 at 6:30 AM, Thechook said:

Still I'm quite impressed by how quickly another structure has been put in place

Someone has got involved who knows how to pull the right strings

On 10/28/2017 at 12:16 PM, hansnl said:

My uncle survived until 1963, but  he was never well.

8 hours ago, naboo said:

Four lane, 52m bridge?

Check the Google Maps streetview of it. 18.6917434, 98.8088385

4 bicycle lanes, maybe.

Standard Bailley is one vehicle one way and if wanted clip on walkways each side and only has one L

? Don't know why I've been using two.

Edited by overherebc