House Guests on TR and the TM-30 Address Report

I am in Phuket

I rent a home from a foreigner that is a director  of  Thai company that owns the  property. This owner is not in Thailand. 

I have foreigner guests arriving  next month on tourist visas,  who  will stay for a week or so and then travel about both in and out of Thailand and come back intermittently over the next few months. 

1) As "housemaster", am I expected to report the foreign house guests on a TM 30 "Address report" 

2 ) If so, will I have a problem as they are not on  the lease? 

The owner leases to me cheap so I do not bother him about anything- including  making notarized, stamped etc. etc.  docs every time I host  house guests. So before I make the two  hour trip to immigration to do this, will it be allowed? 

I know it was a real pain just registering myself, with the company docs needed- all signed, stamped and notarized. 

3) And then will I have to go back and re register them once they return from travels outside / and or inside the country? (Depending on officer asked at Phuket Immigration whether this needs to be done on travel outside the country only- or inside too. All queried officers at Phuket  give different answers according the threads in that sub forum. ) 

Thank you in advance for any replies. 

If there not expecting to get an extension just forget about it. When there out and about no doubt at guest house/hotel they will register them.  I just wouldnt bother personaly. Had loads of family/friends come to stay over the years never reported them. Have my brother here now and wont be reporting him either.

• Like 2

Personally I wouldn't bother. 

1. You're not the "house-master", but you could report as the Possessor of the property. 
  2. No. They are tourists. Immigration will probably want a copy of the owners House Registration Book (Tabian Baan) and ID.
  3. By law, every time they return someone needs to make a new report.

If you don't report the worst case is a fine, which is typically 800 baht. There are no consequences beyond that. They will usually go after the owner for not reporting, but if they consider you to be the possessor they can fine you. Anytime your guests plan to apply for an extension of stay at the local immigration office, it's best to report. Otherwise, immigration would only 'catch you out' if they did a house visit, which is highly unlikely.