Can Trump reverse Thailand’s drift towards China

webfact

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Funny? obviously you haven't been there! what's the saying? ignorance is Bliss!

I've spent 6 months in China and have many friends who work there and run factories.  What they tell me is 100% opposite of what you say.  I know them, I'll trust their comments. 

What you post is not true.  These reports, among hundreds on the internet, is the truth.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/dec/04/the-grim-truth-of-chinese-factories-producing-the-wests-christmas-toys

The grim truth of Chinese factories producing the west’s Christmas toys

Undercover investigation by China Labor Watch exposes low wages, hazardous chemicals and overtime beyond legal limits

The undercover internship: what it’s like to work in Chinese factory assembling iPhones

A STUDENT at prestigious New York University took on a really unconventional Summer internship. It was brutal, punishing work.

For this monotonous and laborious work he was paid 3100 yuan a month after meals and board were taken out, or by today’s exchange rate, just $606.

For the 60 hours weeks he worked, on the occasion there was no forced overtime, that works out to be about $2.50 an hour.

You sure you've been to China? LOL

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I've spent 6 months in China and have many friends who work there and run factories.  What they tell me is 100% opposite of what you say.  I know them, I'll trust their comments. 

What you post is not true.  These reports, among hundreds on the internet, is the truth.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/dec/04/the-grim-truth-of-chinese-factories-producing-the-wests-christmas-toys

O dear, next you will believe that the 8 million plus tourists that travel to Thailand are all having a day off from the factories they work in!

Off course there is a 'working class" unlike the USA where instead of working in factories they queue for free food, sell drugs and shoot each other, least thats what I read in the papers in the MSM that you love to quote, Bah!

Don't want another Pearl Harbor. Time to pull all but skeleton forces from Europe and the Middle East and focus on the real enemy, China. Thailand will need to make up its mind about which side to join. Their choice after the first Pearl Harbor attack was lacking in wisdom. 

“The PRC is practicing attacks on Guam,” the officials said.

trump is a totally crippled president now enmeshed in a scandal that may topple his administration. 

International leaders including outright enemies of the USA now see the USA leader as dead man walking.

When there is such a leadership vacuum, other powers are more than happy to step in.

Some may celebrate that. (I don't.)

No, of course he doesn't have to power to influence Thailand towards the USA over China or really much of anything else.

Sad ... 

Edited by Jingthing

Trump cannot stop the more and more negative attitudes  that the Americans have toward

him.  The USA is getting more upset with this guy every day, He is strictly fodder for

the late night show hosts to make fun of, a one term President for sur, if he even  makes

it for four years. China seems a lot more stable than the US right now.

Geezer

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 6:57 AM, craigt3365 said:

Money.

Thailand has had a trade surpplus with the USA for decades, while Trump would like to change that most  advisors regard the best way to do business with the Thais is to ..... drumrollplease ..... buy goods from other countries. Vietnam and Indonesia are already cutting heavily into Thailand Agricultural exports to the US.t

15 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Thailand has had a trade surpplus with the USA for decades, while Trump would like to change that most  advisors regard the best way to do business with the Thais is to ..... drumrollplease ..... buy goods from other countries. Vietnam and Indonesia are already cutting heavily into Thailand Agricultural exports to the US.t

Here's what's going to happen to many countries now starting to do business with the Chinese.  They don't have the same ethics as most first world nations. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40044113

Sri Lanka: A country trapped in debt

China is investing billions of dollars in infrastructure and developments in Sri Lanka, but many local citizens feel the country is being sold to the Chinese.

But now Sri Lanka is struggling to repay that money, and so has signed an agreement to give a Chinese firm a stake in the port as a way of paying down some of that debt.

Sri Lanka has given 80% ownership of the port to China.  How is that good for the locals?  Hint: it isn't.

95% the governments revenues goes to repay debt.  Debt that helped line the pockets of local politicians and rich businessmen.

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

There is of course an alternative, probably better all round: The US could actually produce more goods & services that Thais - and other poor-to-middle-income peoples - actually want and can afford. Not sure what that might be but American capitalism has always prided itself (rightly so) on its enterprise, ingenuity & inventiveness. So get to it, Fellas, and stop whining!

4 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

American capitalism has always prided itself (rightly so) on its enterprise, ingenuity & inventiveness. So get to it, Fellas, and stop whining!

That was then, now under cultural Marxism no western country can flourish. 

Edited by MaeJoMTB