PM Prayut satisfied with overall economic situation, calls for cooperation

webfact

5 hours ago, hansnl said:

Like all political speeches, including those made in your own country by your "own" politico's, they leave a huge amount of things open.

However, thing is, this government in fact is not doing badly.

So jailing peaceful protesters and people clicking like on Facebook after putting them before military tribunals with no representation nor means of appeal is not doing badly?

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

You are right, farmers are suffering terrible economic hardship at the moment. 

It is a pity we never get to hear from them as all the real news is filtered out by your beloved junta. 

My man Mr Fintan. Yes and Yes

12 hours ago, hansnl said:

Like all political speeches, including those made in your own country by your "own" politico's, they leave a huge amount of things open.

However, thing is, this government in fact is not doing badly.

Why do you go out of  your way to say your own country?  why don't you say "in my country" while at it?  gee.  You try to make it sound like somebody doesn't think it happens here or there.

8 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

This is what will tip things over the edge IMO.

When people start to welch on their debts and the whole thing becomes unsustainable.

A giant ponzi scheme, that's all it really is. As far from a model of sufficiency or sustainability that it could possibly be.

That is exactly the crux of this whole economic situation. 

Average wage not going anywhere. 

Extortionate interest for those who can afford a loan  (oxymoron in itself)

Banks don't want anything to do with it.

Household debt will cripple Thailand 

22 hours ago, Lupatria said:

By now I suspect our friend Steven is on the payroll of the other side.

Don't say that - though I appreciate it probably wasn't meant seriously.Even though you and I share broadly the same view to suggest that someone taking a different view is in pay of the enemy really loses the argument.The same applies to the "in the pay of Thaksin" gang.It's just so silly to pretend that any of us farang with too much time on our hands are in the pay of any Thai grouping.

21 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

You are right, farmers are suffering terrible economic hardship at the moment. 

It is a pity we never get to hear from them as all the real news is filtered out by your beloved junta. 

We stopped planting rice since 2015, Junta set price for selling is not worthwhile.

There you go, news from real farmers.

Since the coup the price for a lot of products has really tanked. Within the past year there was pineapples , it was a couple of Baht to sell on site and then people driving into town/roadside to sell for about 5Bt per head.

Then lemons, I am still using lemons that were given to me in large quantities. I have been on free lemons for at least 4 months now.

Bananas seem to have dropped in price but not to nearly free.

Then of course you can still go to one of the big supermarkets and pay about 10 times the price ! :shock1:

Coconuts seem to do OK because the Chinese are fond of them maybe.