Getting to Bang Saen and renting a scooter there

BadCash

Planning on going to Bang Saen for Loy Krathong (from Bangkok), but a bit unsure about the best way to get there. Seems that there are both minivans and buses from Ekkamai, but is it possible to buy tickets in advance for any of these? Or do I show up in the morning and hope that there are still tickets available despite the holiday? Was thinking about going on saturday morning, but also considered going on friday evening to "beat the traffic" - not sure if it's worth it when factoring in the extra hotel night?

Also, from what I've found online it seems that scooter rentals might be few and far between in Bang Saen. Any tips on where to find one? 

Hi! There are so many minivans and buses going to Bangsaen/Pattaya from Ekkamai, so I really think that you will find it more easy to just show up and buy you ticket. Has been going there for a lot of holidays before, and never had a problem. Motorcycle rental has been a lot before, if they ain´t taken them away. Usually you will find most of them along the beach road.

As advance booking is not possible on those ordinary buses from Ekamai there will always be tickets available, don't worry, no one else can book them either!  You may just have to join a queue for a few minutes but you'll always get a seat...unless you leave it until the last bus of the night, of course.

Great, I feel reassured about getting tickets now :D 

Does anyone by any chance know of a convenient scooter rental near the Nong Mon Market (which seems to be the general place to get off the bus/minivan)? Would be nice to rent nearby to make the bus/scooter transition quicker and easier...

As for the Bangok vs. Pattaya forum, I wasn't sure which one to choose but it does say "including Bang Saen" in the Pattaya section description...