Finance Question

pokoal2000

Hi

My Thai girlfriend told me that if she gets married to a European, that she will not be able to get a loan for house or anything. She will have to pay cash. Apparently that is the regulation in Thai loan companies. Does anybody know if this is right or not?

Hi

My Thai girlfriend told me that if she gets married to a European, that she will not be able to get a loan for house or anything. She will have to pay cash. Apparently that is the regulation in Thai loan companies. Does anybody know if this is right or not?

you posted 4 times...... :o

i don't think that your girlfiends statement is correct.....this look rather that someone is looking for some cash...correct me if i am wrong ...

Hi

you posted 4 times...... :o

i don't think that your girlfiends statement is correct.....this look rather that someone is looking for some cash...correct me if i am wrong ...

Duplicated posts removed. Possibly the OP had a problem, seemed a small hiccough in a router in Singapore just now.

A few years ago my former girlfriend told me that I couldn't have a vehicle in my name nor could I have a condo in my name. What do you suppose that was all about? :D After I bought a vehicle and a condo in MY name, she was even more upset because security wouldn't allow her into the condo complex. :o I left her in an apartment where the rent was paid four months ahead.

A few years ago my former girlfriend told me that I couldn't have a vehicle in my name nor could I have a condo in my name. What do you suppose that was all about? :D After I bought a vehicle and a condo in MY name, she was even more upset because security wouldn't allow her into the condo complex. :o I left her in an apartment where the rent was paid four months ahead.

:D :D :D

Naka.

No she is wrong or her informant is wrong
Right or Wrong... she doesn't have to change her name when she gets married. She can continue to use her maiden name. She doesnt have to show a marriage certificate when she buys land or property only her Thai ID. If she doesnt change her name nobody will ask, nobody will know.

I take it then that she is planning to take out a loan to buy a house.

OR

Is she telling you if you get married she wants you to stump up the cash to buy a house in her name?

If the former. Well done, let her buy the house in her own name.

If the latter proceed with extreme caution, better still buy a condo in your own name.