Farang dying at home from natural causes.

Geoffsilverfox

I am currently living at home with my wife, (not legally married), and am suffering from terminal cancer, I do not expect to see the New Year.

My question is…….what does my wife have to do with regards to informing various agencies.  An ambulance will be called to take my body to the hospital that I am under the care of.  I wonder at what point the police get involved, what happens to my passport, bank account books.

I already have a Thai/English will, but we only realised recently that I have to give my permission to my wife to remove me from hospital to the temple. In most cases there is a family member, who would perform this task, but I don’t have any family in  Thailand, or back in the UK.

I trust you will still be around well into the new year and beyond, but to answer some of your questions:

The police must be informed about the death of a foreigner in Thailand so your partner must do that first of all.

You can prepare a statement that gives permission for your partner to remove your remains and this avoids the need for any of your relatives to be involved.  There is a thread on this very subject and this is the link, a sample consent form appears in the first post: 

I will hope for the best for you.