New legislation Smoke-Free along the beach

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For all those of you, who support this BS for environmental or health reasons: I hope, you are all

-staying away from the booze 

-do take your own bags, when you go shopping at 7eleven or Tops 

-take care that your plastic- bottles (cans/ glass bottles) are being thoroughly recycled-

- ride a bicycle, because cars are polluting the environment and some are even a health- hazard

- don't take planes, because...carbon- footprint

- drink fair trade coffee

Because if not, you are just #@$%&*! hypocrites!

3 hours ago, Thian said:

I don't see the ashtrays or bin in that box. And where's the fan or can we smoke with open door?

If 2 fat sexpats are in it the other smokers will have to wait i guess.

Good reason for me to not go to Thai beaches anymore...Bali is the next holidaydestination.

The fan is in the centre of the roof. (cab just be seen if you look closely). So if there's a few smokers in there (committing suicide) there's a concentration of unfiltered smoke being sucked out to a small area through a small fan.  Yeh, that's really good sense isn't it.  You pointed out that there's no ashtrays so the floor will get covered in ash and butts and blown out every time the door is opened.  As has been pointed out, the 'smoking box' isn't even on the beach.  It would have been quite simple and cheaper to set up small areas with ashtrays similar to those at the airport and the car parks in shopping centres.

Finally, it's been spouted that the ban starts today.  However, the article says that today was the signing of an MOU and the regulations come into effect on Feb 1st 2018.  So which is it?  Usual case of the left hand not telling the right hand what is happening.

2 hours ago, Gunnar Horpestad said:

Pathetic....

Fix this problem first

Fix 1.JPG

Fix 2.JPG

I was just thinking I was sorry for not taking a photo in Chaam yesterday.

It is disgusting following the weekend Bangkok day trips.

And they're worried about cigarette butts!

Smoking tobacco is not illegal. Many countries have adopted sanctions on smokers that demean and disrespect them. I would like to see their rights protected and respect restored. Or else make tobacco illegal, then we can enjoy it as long as we pay our "tea money".

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Bali is the next holidaydestination.

Last week, I read on a Dutch news website that Bali is nowadays more popular for the Dutch than the Land Of Scams is. Dutch tourism to the Land Of Scams went down by 40% since 2014. I reckon that other countries will follow the Dutch pretty soon. 

Edited by PAIBKK

9 minutes ago, PAIBKK said:

Last week, I read on a Dutch news website that Bali is nowadays more popular for the Dutch than the Land Of Scams is. Dutch tourism to the Land Of Scams went down by 40% since 2014. I reckon that other countries will follow the Dutch pretty soon. 

Well last year i saw many very cheap deals to Bali from Amsterdam...like 800 euro for 10 days hotel included. Add to that that Bali has much better resorts, last year i stayed in one with 5 pools and all night the pools were full with drinking/relaxing westerners, much more fun than thai resorts where nobody swims at night. There also was nice launch-music around the pools and cheap food.

The beaches are not bad but the vendors are very annoying on bali. I like it more than samui or other thai islands though. I like to be among westerners instead of chinese or russians.

Bali gives you more value for money and there's much more to do or just walk around,

3 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Good luck with bali. That place is filthy dirty and makes beaches in thailand look like paradise.

Indonesia is a filthy dirty country in any populated location and i go there every year for 6 months. But i only go to the most remote idealic islands where it really is still pristine. Bali is a pit.

Bali also isn't perfect but there's much more to do than on thai beaches. The resorts also are much better and cheaper. I really love the bali satay lilit, made from prawn/fish/coconut...or the indonesian ricedish with 10 different dishes combined into one....and they have great peanutsauce as well, and sambal...or the satay served at the pool on a burning mini-bbq with peanutsauce, a nice cold Bintang with that and a kretek cigarette....can't wait to go there haha...

All too often Thai "authorities" are not very good at thinking issues through and communicating properly and correctly with their audience!  9/10 for this one.

They have made a start on the 'smoking' issue - 1/10 for this one.

But, in a few months time no one will be policing it - .5/10 then.

Thai 1.0 is still alive and well. TIT  :coffee1:

My daughter is dying to come to Thailand for the "beautiful" beaches. She always bitches at me for not going to beaches. I finally had to tell her the beaches are sewers. 

I was 10 minutes away from Huntington Beach when I was in the US and I had not been to the beach in years. I don't like sand or salt water especially with brown trout floating about

Bit like banning North Korea from using gunpowder;  not a bad idea but utterly misses the bigger picture. 

The only reason a smoker will go in to one of theses boxes is for a selfie to put on facebook for the folks back home with ''You ain't gonna believe this'' as the heading.

1 minute ago, pumpjack said:

go to 7-11  for a small pack of 3 condoms and they give you them in a large plastic bag.....

so many idiots in thailand its really unbelievable

Not exactly difficult to refuse the bag.  Is it ?

7 hours ago, ThaiTrav said:

Can you imagine what these boxes are going to look like after a million plus smokes are fagged in them!!!

Who cares ??  only smokers will be in them and they have no regard for their own health.   Just hope the boxes are sealed so the smoke doesn't get out....   smokers should enjoy that, they can suck in ten times as much smoke just by  going in there to have one cigarette....  

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Good. Cigarette butts are disgusting and too many smokers just throw them on  the ground. Something needs to be done and not just at the beach.:stoner:

Totally agree,  most people ( except Thais ) will not leave bottles and plastic bags on the beach,  but for some reason smokers seem to think it's ok to stub their cigarette butts out in the sand and leave them there....   why is that ???