Foreign actors to be banned from TV ads

geovalin

The Minister of Information on Monday said he plans to ban television advertisements that feature foreign actors in order to aid local actors. Khieu Kanharith made the comments while presiding over the closing ceremony of the Chaktomuk Short Film Festival on Monday evening.

Mr Kanharith said he plans to implement the directive next year, to buttress the income of local actors. A directive was issued last year for only Khmer shows to be broadcast during primetime hours of 7pm to 9pm, Mr Kanharith said, claiming the next step to bolster the local industry would be to ban adverts featuring foreign actors.

“Cambodian actors, actresses and producers will enjoy more income and market share with more local advertising,” he said. “This will start next year.” Mr Kanharith said there are currently about 20 Khmer television channels, while the number of local actors, actresses, producers and editors is continuing to grow.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5088574/foreign-actors-banned-tv-ads/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 01/11

13 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

So the European TV stations will no longer broadcast movies with Thai actors in films made in Europe (like tons of all those soap operas); the Thai community outside Thailand will cry .......... 

I doubt the Thais will be crying too much - the story relates to Cambodia.

Best to actually read the story properly first before hitting the outrage button.

3 hours ago, mrfill said:

Best to actually read the story properly first before hitting the outrage button.

Until you get to the last paragraph it's really hard to tell the article is not about Thailand, almost got me too.

On 11/1/2017 at 5:58 PM, mrfill said:

How dare you sir. This is Thaigeezer- the home of the outraged.  :post-4641-1156694572: