Koh Kong border or Pailin?

From Cambodia, which border is smoother: Koh Kong or Pailin?

Also, will my Vietnamese travel buddy need 20,000 thb + an onward ticket? She has visited Thailand once before. We will have tourist visas.

Thank you

Edited by wilscoop

Both are about equal.

If you a valid visa for entry there is no requirement for a return or onward ticket. It is unlikely she will be asked to show the equivalent of 20k baht but it would be wise to have it incase asked. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wilscoop said:

Thank you, Joe. Is the requirement 10,000 baht per person?

10K is for Visa-Exempt entry.

But you said ...

12 hours ago, wilscoop said:

...We will have tourist visas.

... which I assume you purchased at a Thai consulate abroad.  The requirement for entering with a visa is 20K worth of cash or travelers checks per-person.  In general, it is unlikely you will be asked to show it, if the person entering does not have a longer-stay history in Thailand - especially at those crossings.

Please post your Vietnamese friend's experience when entering to this thread, as we have fewer reports for this.

• Like 1

My Vietnamese companion has been denied a Thai tourist visa [no luck with local Cambodian agents].

So, unless anyone has any constructive suggestions, Thailand is now almost certainly off the table. We will have to spend our tourist dollars elsewhere.

Thanks

4 hours ago, wilscoop said:

My Vietnamese companion has been denied a Thai tourist visa [no luck with local Cambodian agents]

The Cambodian consulate wants to see a bank-account with equivalent to $1K USD + a flight out - or would they simply not process a Tourist Visa for a Vietnamese citizen at all?

If the latter is the case, perhaps the consulate in HCMC would do one for a national of Vietnam? 

(though still need air tickets, bank-acct statement, etc)