Thailand's Jan-Oct tourism revenue grows 9% yoy

webfact

Jan-Oct tourism revenue grows 9% yoy

PNECO601102001001501_02112017_023849.jpg

BANGKOK, 3 November 2017 (NNT) - Thailand’s tourism industry is on course for expansion, as indicated by its considerable growth rate during the first 10 months of the year.

Official data shows nearly 29 million foreign travelers visited Thailand from January to October this year, a 6.5 percent increase year-on-year. The arrival of these visitors has also generated over 1.4 trillion baht in tourism revenue during the period, a 9.0 percent increase on the same period last year. 

As the number of foreign arrivals continues to trend upwards, efforts to develop existing and new tourist destinations as well as to ensure safety and related measures for visitors continue. Among those efforts are resolutions by the National Policy Committee for Tourism to implement national standards on the cleanliness of resort cities and for tourism-related services and street food. 

The committee also resolved to declare new tourism development zones across the country.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-11-03

Hmm....

During this period I was noting how extremely empty Pattaya was and even in Silom area of Bangkok.

I wonder where all the tourists are going? I might have missed a spot worth checking out?

In unrelated News, what's with all those illegal African tourists being allowed in?