Hotel bar with a view

Mooner

Looking for a hotel for around 2500 or less with a bar with a view, doesnt have to be rooftop.

Friends are arriving 5pm so lower Suk is out of the question because of traffic.

Need somewhere accesible from the airport.

Thanks in advance!

Just now, hdkane said:

<deleted>...are you helpless?

google it...

Just now, hdkane said:

<deleted>...are you helpless?

google it...

i'm looking for a 7-11...can anyone help?

i'm looking for an arab on sukumvit...can anyone help?>

i'm looking for a beach in pattaya...can anyone help?

i'm looking for an annoying farang on thai visa...can anyone help?

geez...i'll be over to put marshmellows in your hot cocoa at 9 pm...in the meantime, just try to remain calm and not chimp out.

2 minutes ago, hdkane said:

I think you just found yourself ........:wacko:

Almost as bad as if you dont like it etc etc. If you can be bothered to reply why not be helpful, otherwise why not just ignore - and no your original reply doesn't count.:coffee1: 

Can’t understand somebody posting to criticise somebody for asking a question. I don’t think it’s all that easy to find the answer to this on Google.  There could be a poster here who knows of the ideal hotel for the OP. I’m not that poster unfortunately but often see questions from people on the lookout for hotels closer to the airport. But in most instances it’s quicker to take the ARL into town and stay in lower Sukhumvit where most of these hotels and bars exist. It just depends how long the visitors are in town for but in most cases it’s better to get into town and enjoy the many bars, restaurants etc rather than stay closer to the airport. Hotelscombined.com is a good hotel search site. And one can contact the chosen hotel directly afterwards to see if they can lower the price.

How about some civility. The purpose of the forum is to provide information and exchange experiences. 

To the OP- The Euro Grande on Sukhumvit Soi 31 can be had for around 1500-2000 Baht and has a nice lounge but  not sure of the view from the bar.  The Paradise Hotel on Soi Ekamai (Sukhumvit 63)  can be had for around 2000 Baht. They have a rooftop bar and restaurant with a good view of the city- easy access to the Airport and not far from the BTS station.  Hope this helps.

Just a suggestion.  If you want to show them an impressive view take them to the Lebua Hotel.

It is where they filmed the Hangover movie and I think the best view in the city.

It is not cheap to sit and have a drink, but the view is awesome. 

Hotel price is way higher then you want but for a view and drink cannot beat it.

2 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

Maybe go have a look at Baiyoke Sky Tower,they have a great buffet dinner there,about 800thb per person,best view of bkk,don't know about cost of room there.

Baiyoke Tower is quite good for dinner ...  We go their regularly.  Also ZEN rooftop bar near Ratchadapisak ...  but it's expensive .. so probably out of most TV farang, but nice views and good service.

2 hours ago, hdkane said:

geez...i'll be over to put marshmellows in your hot cocoa at 9 pm...in the meantime, just try to remain calm and not chimp out.

l did google it but its better to ask people who have personal knowledge/experience of the area.

Not a cocoa person but feel free to drop me over a few beers around the same time and save me a trip to 7 ?

If you fancy a change from Suk, the Ramada Riverside has a good roof terrace for drinks / dinner with great views up & down the river. Asiatique shopping and dining venue 10 mins walk away, but not much else. Free boat shuttle service to BTS station.

On offer at the time was about 1800/n. They messed up our booking for NYEve, which we spent on a massage table in a spa room, got upgraded to a suite for the remaining 3 nights with fantastic river views and were given 2 free nights on our return for departure which they treat us like royalty - remembered by name and met at the door for priority check in on executive level in a magnificent river front corner 1-bed balcony apartment and a complimentary bottle of decent wine, executive lounge access to free food and drinks, free airport private transfer - a real treat siting on the balcony with wine and snacks from the exec. lounge with superb nighttime river views.

17 hours ago, hdkane said:

Vapid reply, the op is looking for local help. Google becomes increasingly useless as soon as one or two variables are added into the search. 

Some good suggestions in previous posts. If the OP did want to venture away from his chosen hotel and go to another bar with views then plenty of choices in Bangkok and not only in views but prices. Even for budget travellers I recommend going to a good rooftop bar once in a trip to a large city like Bangkok. A pricey experience but a special one that will be long remembered. The Sky Bar that featured in Hangover 2 is fabulous and has prices to match. Cheapest cocktail just over 800 baht inc tax & service. But one can get a bottle of Italian water for 340. The staff are great. Ambience is wonderful and views from 64 floors up are awesome. When you get out of the elevator just ensure you say to the staff Sky Bar and do not accept any offers of glasses of champagne or wine. They start at $50 a glass. 

On the other end of the scale head to Big Dogs at the entrance to Nana Plaza. Happy hour until 8 pm. Sit on a stool along the front of the bar and watch the world of an infamous Bangkok red light district go by. After 8 head up the steps to Billboard and sit by the jacuzzi for totally different views altogether. Country Road bar on Soi Cowboy has live music and one can sit outside and observe the nightlife. 

The rooftop bar on top of Marriott at Sukhumvit 57 is also worth checking out. They had buy one cocktail get one free when we went last year. Not sure if that deal is still on. But the top bar has 360 degree views. Not as stunning as Sky Bar but still great and a lot cheaper. 

OP - it will be difficult to find a hotel/hotel bar with a view that is easily accessible from the airport by car/taxi.  you'll have to decide what is most important.  get to hotel with limited traffic issues and no view or deal with the traffic (perhaps by taking airport rail link then BTS) and get a hotel with view.

if the traffic is the main issue and not interested in airport rail link, you might consider the Nine Forty One hotel on Rama IX.  it is adjacent to a retail center so you'll have some food/beverage options outside of the hotel if needed.  Rama IX is the main road out of the airport to inner bangkok but it usually accessible w/o traffic hassles (if coming from airport).

the marriott on sukhumvit 57 has a great rooftop bar known as octave (not octagon as noted by another).  it has a couple of levels and the top level has 360 degree views.  the next level down is 180 degree views.  it is priced above your preferred rate so you'd need to choose a hotel nearby and then go to octave.  travel to that area of bkk during rush hour with luggage is not easy.  if you take the airport rail link to connect to the BTS, the BTS will be jammed with commuters.  the gridlock traffic will make taking a taxi from the BTS to your hotel a challenge.  you'll likely need to walk. 

one poster noted the continent hotel.  i don't know the bar there but it would be more convenient to get to than the marriott on soi 57.  it is right next to a BTS/MRT exit (asoke/sukhumvit), so a very short walk from there. the quickest way to get there is take the airport rail link, transfer to MRT petchaburi station (a short walk), take MRT one stop to sukhumvit.

ps.  i absolutely hate it when i ask a question on this forum and the answer i get is 'google it' or 'do your own research'.  people with posts like that should be banned for a week each time they do that !!!