Post Your Pictures Of House That U Built And Experience

WilliamCave

.....and here is another one moved 100 mtrs. across the land, they just lifted it out of ground and rolled it on scaffold posts and rebuilt last year 95 sq mtrs.

1.jpg

Before

2.jpg

280,000 baht after with large outside under cover kitchen, new water. shower and toilet, now 128 sq mtrs.

Dont forget to get the Monks view on building as the stairs have to be in the correct place in house.....

Good post, i like looking at other peoples houses, sometimes it gives you good ideas etc, this is my place i built in 2000, not got any recent photos at the moment, but we are just starting to build a spanish style arched passage leading to a 4 car garage and snooker room, with office and bedroom etc above, a bit of a den, to keep my bikes in etc.

having problems adding attachment, try again tomorrow

Edited by Thaicoon

Our bungalow on my in-laws land for when my family visits my wife's village.

post-10894-1169088720_thumb.jpg

post-10894-1169088682_thumb.jpg

My wife built it while she was there for 4 months. It is a simple single bedroom bungalow with a western bathroom (toilet, sink, and enclosed shower). She picked out all of the materials and had it built in 2004 for around 330,000 baht.

My nearly complete new home in Pimai, Isaan. 10 months and about 1,800,000 baht to complete.

Granite decks, patios,stairways and vanities, blown in roof insulation, quality materials....about 250 sq. meters with addition of bedroom, and expansion of master bedroom.

post-36548-1169195544_thumb.jpg

post-36548-1169195625_thumb.jpg

post-36548-1169195680_thumb.jpg

Here is our house....

A fixer upper... rebuilt 2005.

1600 sq. feet. 100 ft long-Two story-all Thai hardwood with some carved wood brought in from Bali. sits on 3 meter posts above the sea in southern Thailand fishing village. street side office/gallery is made of cottman (sp.?) cement- no need for air-con as it's over the sea. We put in an outta the box Ikea kitchen and lighting (from malaysia). Cozy bedroom upstairs is bungalow style with bamboo walls and 100's of islands to view. Our boat is parked next to the house. :D

Over all very, very happy-

:o hellohello ka

post-7678-1169203490_thumb.jpg

Edited by hellohello

Nice to see something different.

I saw one of these for sale in Koh Chang I think it was for 800k last year. Dont they have some kind of unique title to it, which is no longer allowed and they supposedly keep a check on them via sattelite..ie no new ones.

I really do not like these thai style concrete houses being built, 'Thai modern upcountry' design is just not for me, they look like a cross between italian over the top concrete and god knows how many other influences.

hi nawtilus-

In our case --Since the tsunami- our village (All the land) has received secure tenure land rights with the help of the UNDP and locals and costal commision. But yes, you can’t get proper channote here. And can only register for 3 years if you do a lease. Our place is registered with the local office we pay tax- have water,phone&electric. Most of my neighbors have been around 30 to 150 years. And they are not going anywhere... Our thought was, why pay for high price of land down here-? Just make a nice house... so, now we are making two. ;-)

But you are right- you can’t build anything new - just on the existing footprint.

Here is our house....

A fixer upper... rebuilt 2005.

1600 sq. feet. 100 ft long-Two story-all Thai hardwood with some carved wood brought in from Bali. sits on 3 meter posts above the sea in southern Thailand fishing village. street side office/gallery is made of cottman (sp.?) cement- no need for air-con as it's over the sea. We put in an outta the box Ikea kitchen and lighting (from malaysia). Cozy bedroom upstairs is bungalow style with bamboo walls and 100's of islands to view. Our boat is parked next to the house. :D

Over all very, very happy-

:o hellohello ka

Nice, what a great spot to build, really nice, and great for fishing, you say you have put an Ikea kitchen in, i have just bought for my House a full western kitchen in the UK, we are shipping it out, retail price of this kitchen was over 1 million baht, got in the Jan sales for 200,000, so worth shipping, this does not include work tops as granite and marbel is a lot cheaper in Thailand, in uk granite is 300 GBP a metre. i will be fitting this myself.

.....and here is another one moved 100 mtrs. across the land, they just lifted it out of ground and rolled it on scaffold posts and rebuilt last year 95 sq mtrs.

1.jpg

Before

2.jpg

280,000 baht after with large outside under cover kitchen, new water. shower and toilet, now 128 sq mtrs.

Dont forget to get the Monks view on building as the stairs have to be in the correct place in house.....

Nice house, I have a similar design in mind for my house. Questions: did you use old wood or new? If old wood it looks like it has been milled - if so, what were the costs involved. If new wood, would you mind sharing the per metre costs with me?

This is our house, finished it in Jan 2005 Banglamung

:o

Peerpan,

Very nice, i love the spanish style arches,nice touch, this is what we are building at the back of my house, a covered walkway 2 story going into the garage, with open arches on ground floor and window style on second floor then i am going to postmark rayban, for some details on his pool, as he has had a nice pool built.

as i say nice house, congratulations.

Thanks every body for sending in Pictures, I am hopping to keep this thread on top to keep getting pics it is very interesting to see how westerens have integrated and addapted there styles in thailand. I will be taking ideas from the pics to help design my next house ..

This is a pic of my kitchen I built on to our first house in BKK simple and tewmporary until we build our next house

post-13335-1169518059_thumb.jpg

Peerpan,

Very nice, i love the spanish style arches,nice touch, this is what we are building at the back of my house, a covered walkway 2 story going into the garage, with open arches on ground floor and window style on second floor then i am going to postmark rayban, for some details on his pool, as he has had a nice pool built.

Hi Thaicoon

Thanks very much, I used to live in Tenerife for 16 years while I was working overseas and married but I got divorced twice and lost two houses as well. This one I had built is my dream home and I hope is staying with me and my new model.

I just love they way the spanish style is. I am building number two next door a single story with the high ceiling and the hard wood. This is the website for you guys and girls too look at. Duncan the developer has been in Thailand for 16 years and Norway for 11 years building he knows what he is doing and 5 star quality.

The kitchen is for my beloved and the Bar is off limits for my beloved.

:D

http://www.chev-dev.net/

house 2 design

Peerpan,

Hi Thaicoon

Thanks very much, I used to live in Tenerife for 16 years while I was working overseas and married but I got divorced twice and lost two houses as well. This one I had built is my dream home and I hope is staying with me and my new model.

I just love they way the spanish style is. I am building number two next door a single story with the high ceiling and the hard wood. This is the website for you guys and girls too look at. Duncan the developer has been in Thailand for 16 years and Norway for 11 years building he knows what he is doing and 5 star quality.

house 2 design

Good site, this is the kitchen i am putting in my place, all ready to come over,

post-9688-1169566388.jpg

i have just bought for my House a full western kitchen in the UK, we are shipping it out

this is my plan too. I plan on stocking up on good flat pack shelving etc for garages, laundry storage too from Ikea or similar places & sending over in a container when we finally make the move. Some of the availablitiy, esp in Issan of certain things is so dire I figure it will be cheaper in the long run to just ship it over as well as our decent bed, sofas & some good quality furniture too.

Hubby also has a lot fo tools he wont part with & claims to not be able to get in thailand for the same price (tools can be cheap in UK when bought in sales etc) so we are going to need a really big ship :o

Thaicoon, Will your transport company arrange all customs & excise & deliver to the door??

i have just bought for my House a full western kitchen in the UK, we are shipping it out

this is my plan too. I plan on stocking up on good flat pack shelving etc for garages, laundry storage too from Ikea or similar places & sending over in a container when we finally make the move. Some of the availablitiy, esp in Issan of certain things is so dire I figure it will be cheaper in the long run to just ship it over as well as our decent bed, sofas & some good quality furniture too.

Hubby also has a lot fo tools he wont part with & claims to not be able to get in thailand for the same price (tools can be cheap in UK when bought in sales etc) so we are going to need a really big ship :o

Thaicoon, Will your transport company arrange all customs & excise & deliver to the door??

Hi Boo,

yes, been in touch with them, they will do everything, just got to make a list, when shipping goods they have to be 2nd hand otherwise there will be duty to pay, wife can get one Container sent over duty free, when doing a list just write description, as if the container is delivered to your door, the shipping agent takes care of all paperwork, i have been advised to fill a 40 footer up, with everything, going to bring a sit down mower as well.

it will be sometime this year hopefully. just bought the kitchen, saved a fortune in the Jan sales. also saved a load on a gas hob 5 burner, with Wok burner, but when buying these you need to make sure they have the LPG Conversion kit included. bought on e-bay for 99.00 GBP

Edited by Thaicoon

Were is the house located in Thailand, thanks

Peerpan,

Hi Thaicoon

house 2 design

My nearly complete new home in Pimai, Isaan. 10 months and about 1,800,000 baht to complete.

Granite decks, patios,stairways and vanities, blown in roof insulation, quality materials....about 250 sq. meters with addition of bedroom, and expansion of master bedroom.

post-36548-1169195544_thumb.jpg

post-36548-1169195625_thumb.jpg

post-36548-1169195680_thumb.jpg

Hi can you tell me the colour of the paint you used to paint the outside of your house

Our bungalow on my in-laws land for when my family visits my wife's village.

post-10894-1169088720_thumb.jpg

post-10894-1169088682_thumb.jpg

My wife built it while she was there for 4 months. It is a simple single bedroom bungalow with a western bathroom (toilet, sink, and enclosed shower). She picked out all of the materials and had it built in 2004 for around 330,000 baht.

Thats a nice position donx.

Nice place to get away.