Beauty queen arrested over maid’s death

rooster59

Beauty queen arrested over maid’s death

By Suriya Patathayo 
The Nation

bb1056b4b8d9b952c828e48bec5b9b1d-sld.jpeg

Police have arrested former beauty queen Krisana Suwanpitak for allegedly assaulting and killing a 16-year-old maid in 2012 in Bangkok and then burying her body in Phetchaburi’s Muang district to conceal the crime.

Central Investigation Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Thitirat Nonghanpitak said on Sunday that Krisana, 45, who was initially charged with aggravated assault leading to another person’s death, had confessed to the crime and implicated several other people. Police would investigate those people further, he said. 

Police alleged that Krisana, who reportedly had a hot temper, hit maid Jariya Srisak in the face and head with an air freshener spray bottle in April 2012. The maid, who was not taken to hospital, died the next day.

Krisana then allegedly took the body to be buried under a tree in Soi Salaloy of Tambon Nong Sano near Krisana’s mother’s house. 

The case came to attention when Jariya’s 48-year-old mother Janthira Srisak filed a complaint with the Pavena Hongsakul Foundation for Women and Children that her daughter had been missing for over five years.

A police investigation led to the discovery of a human skeleton in Nong Sano. Results of a DNA test to establish whether it is Jariya are due on Monday. 

Police said their interrogation of three nearby residents, on Saturday yielded useful information that led to them applying for an arrest warrant for Krisana.

Janthira said witnesses had told her that Krisana would assault Jariya when she was upset. She said she wanted to confront Krisana to ask her: “Why did you kill my daughter?”.

She said the pain in her heart from losing her daughter was made worse when she learned how the girl had been abused. “I will seek justice until the end,” she added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30330869

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-05

I hope that her Karma gets her

It's a sad part of Thai culture that many Thais believe that people from Burma, laos and other countries are from a lower quality.

Let's hope that she's going to jail and pays for all. Poor girl, I feel very sorry for her mom, relatives and friends. 

Edited by jenny2017

41 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Police alleged that Krisana, who reportedly had a hot temper, hit maid Jariya Srisak in the face and head with an air freshener spray bottle in April 2012. The maid, who was not taken to hospital, died the next day.

Krisana then allegedly took the body to be buried under a tree in Soi Salaloy of Tambon Nong Sano near Krisana’s mother’s house. 

Beauty really is only skin deep in this case.

The case came to attention when Jariya’s 48-year-old mother Janthira Srisak filed a complaint with the Pavena Hongsakul Foundation for Women and Children that her daughter had been missing for over five years.

The reporting is not complete here. I imagine (would hope) that it did not take the mother 5 years to report her 16 year old daughter as missing. If so, is this yet another case of the police doing nothing to provide justice for working class people until one of these Foundations gets involved.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Police alleged that Krisana, who reportedly had a hot temper,...

And another fine member of this society which allegedly frowns upon, despises and tries to avoid at all costs any level of hot-tempered behavior - at least if the ramblings in western travel guide books are to be believed.

But reality belies these observations all too often. I see it every day, locals behaving without any temperamental restraint whatsoever and exploding easily and readily with surprisingly violent aggression for the most ridiculous of reasons. 

Former beauty queen arrested over 16-year-old maid’s death

By Suriya Patathayo 
The Nation

921f4598b745dbe0e7fb213c07cf01c3.jpeg

Police have arrested former beauty queen Krisana Suwanpitak for allegedly assaulting and killing a 16-year-old maid in 2012 in Bangkok and then having her body buried in Phetchaburi’s Muang district to conceal the crime.

Central Investigation Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Thitirat Nonghanpitak said yesterday that Krisana, 45, who was initially charged with aggravated assault leading to another person’s death, had confessed to the crime and implicated several other people. 

Police would investigate the other people further, he said. 

A police source said the three alleged accomplices were Krisana’s half-brother, who reportedly hired people to dig a grave to conceal the body, and two other women actually buried, but their names were withheld pending further investigation. Krisana’s own daughter is reportedly an eyewitness in the case.

Police alleged that Krisana, who reportedly has a hot temper, hit maid Jariya Srisak in the face and head with an air freshener spray bottle in April 2012. The maid, who was not taken to hospital, died the next day. 

Krisana then allegedly took the body to be buried under a tree in Soi Salaloy of Tambon Nong Sano. 

The case came to attention when Jariya’s 48-year-old mother Janthira Srisak filed a complaint with the Pavena Hongsakul Foundation for Women and Children stating that her daughter had been missing for more than five years.

A police investigation led to the discovery of a human skeleton in Nong Sano. Results of a DNA test to establish whether the remains belong to Jariya are due today. 

Police said their interrogation of three neighbours, including Krisana’s half-brother, on Saturday yielded information that led to them applying for an arrest warrant for Krisana.

Janthira said witnesses had told her that Krisana regularly assaulted Jariya when she was upset. She said she wanted to confront Krisana to ask her: “Why did you kill my daughter?”

She said the pain in her heart from losing her daughter was made worse when she learned how the girl had been abused. “I will seek justice until the end,” she added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30330896

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-06

Never understood the contempt some people have for their maids. They're maids. They cook and clean, etc. Most of the rich pay them a pittance but seem to think these people should be doing more than they already are.

It's like this attitude of treating people you deem below you like s**** because it's your birthright. I hope this 'beauty queen' gets to enjoy prison for a long time and experiences first hand a maid lifestyle. Unfortunately, I don't think the punishment will match the crime. 

37 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Never understood the contempt some people have for their maids. They're maids. They cook and clean, etc. Most of the rich pay them a pittance but seem to think these people should be doing more than they already are.

It's like this attitude of treating people you deem below you like s**** because it's your birthright. I hope this 'beauty queen' gets to enjoy prison for a long time and experiences first hand a maid lifestyle. Unfortunately, I don't think the punishment will match the crime. 

1500 years of Western social and political development leave you and many others aghast at the lack of egalitarianism, the contempt for the less wealthy/powerful and the pleasure taken in dominion that is common throughout the East.

1000's of years of honing a completely different mentality leave most people in the East thinking that it's normal.

Make no mistake, if the lowly ever rise up the ladder, by whatever means, they behave just the same.

It's their way.

PS There is a wealth of literature published that explains why and how they become them and we became us.  It's not rocket science......it's culture, sociology, history and philosophy.

Edited by Enoon

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

It is the establishing of complete dominance, of reducing the servant to a state of complete compliance through intimidation, abuse and violence by crushing their spirit from the very first opportunity.

Of course this is completely wrong. There are few accessible avenues for assistance for abused domestic workers here.

20 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

The reporting is not complete here. I imagine (would hope) that it did not take the mother 5 years to report her 16 year old daughter as missing. If so, is this yet another case of the police doing nothing to provide justice for working class people until one of these Foundations gets involved.

In all fairness these cases are not easy to solve. Was this a case of another 16 year old girl, who got fed up with her employer, and simply ran away with an old boyfriend to live with, that her mother did not approve of? Or did something bad happen to her. I am not expert, but I can take an educated guess that out of all the 16 year old girls who go missing, very few are found murdered.

In fact there is an interesting case going on right now near my home town in Canada, and also a 16 year old girl gone missing. Her mother dropped her off at school and although she did go in, she did not attend any classes. Wondered around for a little while, went to the bank and took out some money (but not all ). Went to the Bus Terminal to slowly have lunch and was last seen on camera at 1:30 pm at the Bus Terminal.

She has been missing for 3 years now and without a sign of where she is. All they know for sure was she never took a Bus to go anywhere. None of her close friends even knew she did not plan to go to school that day, or why she would go to a Bus Terminal, especially for lunch. She has never tried to contact any of her friends and her cell phone has not been turned on since that day.

The Police have been investigating this now for 3 years and come up empty handed each time. So it is not always easy to locate a 16 year old girl who has gone missing. I am sure the Thai Police have many cases like this.

6 hours ago, Enoon said:

Make no mistake, if the lowly ever rise up the ladder, by whatever means, they behave just the same.

Not all but I take your point which is valid.  I have seen it quite a few times in Thailand especially when the family inherits a farang to raise their living standards :smile:

On 11/5/2017 at 3:58 PM, jenny2017 said:

I hope that her Karma gets her

It's a sad part of Thai culture that many Thais believe that people from Burma, laos and other countries are from a lower quality.

Let's hope that she's going to jail and pays for all. Poor girl, I feel very sorry for her mom, relatives and friends. 

Thais obviously don't read the news very much lol.

23 hours ago, Rodbayne94 said:

but what is the homicide law in Thailand, how old is a person in prison?  

Are you okay? How old a person in a Thai prison is, depends on the particular person.

Regarding the homicide law, I've got to pass it over to somebody else....