Krabi police summon stepfather over 15-year old girl’s rape allegations

webfact

Police summon stepfather over 15-year old girl’s rape allegations

By The Nation

Krabi police have summoned a 67-year-old man to face charges after the girl filed a compliant that she has been raped by her stepfather for the past five years.

Montree Khaokham, chairman of the Muslim for Peace Foundation’s Krabi branch, told reporters on Monday that he led the girl to file a complaint with the Mueang Krabi police station on November 2.

Montree discussed the case with reporters before the man had met with police.

Montree said that the 15-year-old girl told him that said her stepfather had raped her from the time she was 10 years old until September this year.

The girl, who lived with her mother and stepfather at a house in Mueang district, said she was raped when her mother was not at home. Sometimes, she was taken outside the district to be raped, Montree said.

He said the girl was warned not to disclose the incidents and complied for fear that it was cause trouble for her mother. But in September, she disclosed the events to relatives in Phuket, who in turn sought help from Muslim for Peace Foundation on the island province.

The Phuket branch of the foundation then alerted the Krabi branch to rescue the girl and placed her under the care of a government’s reception house for women and juveniles. The foundation then filed a complaint with police.

Police said they would seek an arrest warrant against the man if he fails to turn himself in within a few days.

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-06

Police said they would seek an arrest warrant if he failed to turn himself in in the next few days?

Get out there and get the bar steward now, stop playing games, why give him time to leg it.

What man could do such a thing to a child? A <deleted> pervert that needs castrating.

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

All too common in Thailand with most cases never being reported. 

If "most of the cases are never reported" how would you know that?  Which are the cases that you claim go unreported, would they be the ones that you've never heard of?

On 11/6/2017 at 5:10 AM, Just Weird said:

If "most of the cases are never reported" how would you know that?  Which are the cases that you claim go unreported, would they be the ones that you've never heard of?

And my American friend had the same experience with her stepfather (a policeman) from age 8 to 15. It doesn't just happen in Thailand.

With such a serious allegation such as the possible rape of a minor, I really do think it is improper of the police to just think "Well, can't be bothered to go get him so we'll just see if he feels like turning up at the station in the next few days for a chat about it." I mean, come on...get off your lazy backsides and do your job. What if he commits another crime whilst you are all sat around doing sweet FA? I bet if there was so much as a complaint/accusation that I threw a neighbour a dirty look or ran over fluffy Fido with my car 5 cops would descend on my house to instigate the Spanish Inquisition.

Archived