Nexx X.D1 Helmet Warning!!

BBJ

I've owned this helmet 7 months or so and it has seen approximately 6000km of use.  If you have this model or the Touratech version, check the top mount fixing screw or change it to be sure.  If I had been riding off road at this speed as I often do, with a bumpy and dusty terrain there is now way I would have maintained control!

Edited by BBJ

I doubt its a one off.... a lot of helmets in Thailand have similar plastic 'bolts' holding on visors and the like.  Ive had quite a few where they just break/shear off.  Replacing them with stainless steel panhead bolts (With allen key fitting) does the trick.  

In Chiang Mai I go to Nana Screw for all my stainless steel requirements, very good shop

I've changed already, but one could argue the safety of changing to an SS screw or similar in an impact.  What I have done is shaved the threads down to reduce the length.  Poor show from a Euro helmet either way.

I would think it would not make much difference in a serious crash....if it's going to penetrate your cranium then you're already 'up the creek'

If replacing the bolt then just buy the correct length to start with.  No need to shave anything off then.

And I actually prefer S/S to plastic any day.  Even tho it may weigh more.