residency cert question

well i got my residency certificate last week to obtain my driving licences,which they kept , now i am thinking of buying a scooter, my question is do i have to go to immigration again to obtain another cert, and should i have kept the master copy,  Duh. seems a bit silly having to do this everytime

well i got my residency certificate last week to obtain my driving licences,which they kept , now i am thinking of buying a scooter, my question is do i have to go to immigration again to obtain another cert, and should i have kept the master copy,  Duh. seems a bit silly having to do this everytime
I think if I'd kept a copy I would have asked at the Motorbike shop, 50/50 maybe

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think if I'd kept a copy I would have asked at the Motorbike shop, 50/50 maybe

As UJ states, an original is required for each purpose, so for arguments sake, a person wants to renew his car & motorbike licenses at the same time and then wants to go out and buy a scooter and a car in his own name, then they would need to get four original residency certificates, one for each purpose.

Not a cat in hell's chance of DLT accepting a copy.

As UJ states, an original is required for each purpose, so for arguments sake, a person wants to renew his car & motorbike licenses at the same time and then wants to go out and buy a scooter and a car in his own name, then they would need to get four original residency certificates, one for each purpose. Not a cat in hell's chance of DLT accepting a copy.

Incorrect. I got a car and motorbike licence and only one original res cert and one copy required. The problem is people like yourself keep regurgitating this myth 

• Thanks 1

yes i did the same last week,i went to the desk, girl says you need 5 photocopies, me thinking something might have changed, (i only wanted a bike licence) ?? goes across the road, get 5  photo copies, 15 baht, ends up with a car and a bike licence , result ha ha

50 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Incorrect. I got a car and motorbike licence and only one original res cert and one copy required. The problem is people like yourself keep regurgitating this myth 

Then you got away lightly, it is not a myth, it is fact, one original per license is actually required to the letter of the law, same as registering a vehicle.

Try getting a residency certificate from your embassy and then use a copy.

The residency certificate would also normally indicate what purpose it is required for.

Like most things here, it is dependant on the DLT office and who you deal with at that time.

Then you got away lightly, it is not a myth, it is fact, one original per license is actually required to the letter of the law, same as registering a vehicle.
Try getting a residency certificate from your embassy and then use a copy.
The residency certificate would also normally indicate what purpose it is required for.
Like most things here, it is dependant on the DLT office and who you deal with at that time.
In the real world what happens is Jomtien immigration will offer to do 2, only 1 is required, so decline. When you go into DLT with your carefully prepared documents for both car and bike licences the same person reviews all docs and can see the original and copy and is happy and it goes to the next stage.