90 day report today/ 1 minute 37 seconds

Hi All

I know that we have stopped posting regarding 90 day reports as Koh Samui Immigration have gotten their act together, but...

From the time I stepped through the door on the second floor to the time I stepped out of the door on the second floor; 1 minute 37 seconds.

I will complain loudly when things go bad, so I thought this deserved a shout out.

Cheers

Quiet time of year and even when it's busy it runs pretty well these days, but 1:37 is seriously impressive. I presume they are connected to the 'net to enter data into a national database (do they offer free Wi-Fi?) so why is there no on-line reporting? I don't do them ( may do shortly) so no expert but hasn't it been around in some provinces for a couple of years now? Is it just a really slow rollout?

13 hours ago, notmyself said:

Quiet time of year and even when it's busy it runs pretty well these days, but 1:37 is seriously impressive. I presume they are connected to the 'net to enter data into a national database (do they offer free Wi-Fi?) so why is there no on-line reporting? I don't do them ( may do shortly) so no expert but hasn't it been around in some provinces for a couple of years now? Is it just a really slow rollout?

This is not the quite time of the year, this is the high season, October - April , , 

On 09/11/2017 at 9:56 AM, Can samui said:

I am due up next week, can only hope I get the same luck!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Wont tell you where mine is done otherwise everyone will move here, but this month 30 seconds in and out, with a new card stamped and clipped in rather than the folded strip. Didn't even need to pull a number. 

17 hours ago, evadgib said:

You will if there before 10am :smile:

3 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Wont tell you where mine is done otherwise everyone will move here, but this month 30 seconds in and out, with a new card stamped and clipped in rather than the folded strip. Didn't even need to pull a number. 

Sorry but mine are sent to me in the mail. They even sent the last one a week early because of the Kings cremation.

Move to my neck of the woods and then post your accolades for immigration's exceptional service.  Having lived in different cities within Thailand, some immigrations offices rock; others suck beyond belief. The one I used to report to is in the later category.  And what totally sucks is when you can obtain exception immigration service from a 'private' company that is supposedly completely unrelated to the immigration office next to it, but it isn't really.

Edited by CALSinCM

But one would think that with all of the cash streaming through immigration they could scrape up a couple of shekels to maintain the very short, very rough entrance road.
Just a good thing I was on my dirtbike!

12 minutes ago, Can samui said:

But one would think that with all of the cash streaming through immigration they could scrape up a couple of shekels to maintain the very short, very rough entrance road.
Just a good thing I was on my dirtbike!

It'll be fixed up nice just before the next big knob visits.

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Oh no!

Yet, another thread on 90-day reporting.......

Methinks it's time for Thaivisa to prefix local threads appearing on TV homepage in the hope that posters realize who they're primarily aimed at before needlessly commenting.

The catchment area of this particular thread appears below. 

Ang-Tong-National-Park.gif

Edited by evadgib

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:14 AM, merlen10002 said:

This is not the quite time of the year, this is the high season, October - April , , 

High season at immigration starts 60 days after people begin to arrive en masse. 

Anyway. Quiet as **** this afternoon! Station 3 told me to go sit front of station 4 until my number was called so I waited 30 minutes before going up to ask on progress. Some people with a higher number (88) had been called. Evidently, the extension process cannot continue until a photo is taken so the longer you adhere to '3' guidance the longer you will have to wait. I don't shout but people often hear me and I asked why they told me to sit down. She said they didn't understand which got a bit of laughter behind me. After the photo I had to walk out so left for a bottle of water at the café place. At some stage a Russian chick with two kids told me that my number had been called and at the same time thanked me for saying something........