Condo housing code

8 hours ago, nasanews said:

You don't don't anything about what I'm talking about starting from thin walls where sound has no barrier and only inches between condos balconies.

You properly spend your nights crashing out on bed once you come to your residence.

Sounds like buyers remorse to me 

11 minutes ago, garbolino said:

this is a stupid question.....why is it posted on here??

As far as I know a condo can be rented out for as long as the owner wants to do.

Have you not seen signs stating "available for weekly, monthly, and even daily "

Yes, seen such signs frequently in developments with large unsold inventory, and the biggest landlord is the developer, and largest group of tourists is from China.

19 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Why should anyone tolerate people who make a noise? They should behave better or move to a zoo.

And what could anyone possibly not like about living near me? I make no noise, I have no visitors, I dont smell or leave crap on the hallways, I dont leave my doors open all the time, I dont go in and out at strange hours .....
In fact no one would even know that I'm in the building unless they saw my lights on.

Your overall attitude for one thing. I don't like it and I don't even know you

4 hours ago, garbolino said:

this is a stupid question.....why is it posted on here??

As far as I know a condo can be rented out for as long as the owner wants to do.

Have you not seen signs stating "available for weekly, monthly, and even daily "

4 hours ago, trogers said:

Yes, seen such signs frequently in developments with large unsold inventory, and the biggest landlord is the developer, and largest group of tourists is from China.

22 hours ago, jippytum said:

it is unlawful for a condo unit to be rented or occupied by other than the  registered owner or spouse for a period of less than 30 days.Plenty of info on google

3 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

Your overall attitude for one thing. I don't like it and I don't even know you

Then it's reciprocal. But the difference is that with me as your neighbour you may not like me but you would have nothing at all to complain about, and neither would anyone else.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:37 AM, KittenKong said:

?  I own a condo to live in. Many other people I know do the same.

Rentals of less than 30 days are not legal unless the person doing so has a hotel licence or is registered under the hotel act. Both are very unlikely.

However, getting the law applied may be almost impossible without the assistance and support of the building management and committee, and they are more than likely to be tacitly in cahoots with the co-owner doing the short term rentals.

Agreed.

Is the owner paying tax on the income from renting. The Authorities might be interested. And does he register the tenants with Immigration

Edited by William T

On 11/11/2017 at 5:26 PM, AJBangkok said:

Did a lawyer tell you that or is just something you read on the internet. 

Unless you own more that 4 condos in the building and are renting them all out for less than 1 month periods then the hotel act does not apply. 

The only thing that can actually stop you renting out on a short term basis is if the majority of the condo owners vote to disallow short term rentals for less than 1 month at an AGM or EGM and it is subsequently included in the condominium rules or bylaws.

Hotel Act

The Hotel Act (2008) requires any place that provides accommodation for less than a period of one month in exchange for payment is defined as a “Hotel”, regulated by the Hotel Act, and requires a hotel license.

There is a limited exception to this. A license is not required if:

1) the said place has less than five rooms; and

2) cannot accommodate over 20 guests at a time; and

3) the income being earned for such is merely “additional income”.

This was checked by our lawyer and the land office. I have also seen several condo's where an official announcement was sent to all co-owners with this info.