Immigration Police 'not Involved' In Blasts

george

Immigration police 'not involved' in blasts

BANGKOK: -- Police from Immigration Bureau were not involved in bombings in Bangkok and Nonthaburi on New Year's Eve, said police chief Kowit Wattana on Friday.

Pol Gen Kowit denied an accusation raised by activist Chanaphan na Nakhon that more than 10 police from Immigration Bureau were involved in the nine bombings.

An investigation concluded that police from the bureau were not part of the bombers, said Pol Gen Kowit, adding that he still could not confirm whether police from other bureau were involved in the bombings or not.

Pol Gen Kowit said an investigation within the police unit is being conducted on the case.

-- Bangkok Post 2007-01-12

Always makes you wonder when politicians adamantly deny involvement in something... Remember Pinnochio Bill "I did not have sex with that woman" Clinton? Is is me, or are those generals noses getting just a little bit longer everyday?

Always makes you wonder when politicians adamantly deny involvement in something... Remember Pinnochio Bill "I did not have sex with that woman" Clinton? Is is me, or are those generals noses getting just a little bit longer everyday?

Good point. Though it is worth noting that here the denials are coming from the top policeman in the country, not strictly a politician but equally worrying.

Pol Gen Kowit denied an accusation raised by activist Chanaphan na Nakhon that more than 10 police from Immigration Bureau were involved in the nine bombings.

Apparently I must have missed something along the way. What would grievance would the Immigrations Police have such that they would do something like these bombings? Is Immigrations upset that they now have to add up all of the days stayed on thirty-day entry stamps within a 180 day period? :o

Apparently I must have missed something along the way. What would grievance would the Immigrations Police have such that they would do something like these bombings? Is Immigrations upset that they now have to add up all of the days stayed on thirty-day entry stamps within a 180 day period? :o

Somebody's snout got pushed out of the trough after the coup.

I think the immigration police would be the least likely, and the least capable, of being involved in those incidents. There area of expertise would hardly have much of anything to do with placing bombs around town.

If a group of foreign mercenaries were involved, then the immigration police might be a good place to start looking.