Work permit for flight domestic

Any valid form of identification will normally be accepted accepted for domestic flights. It should not be a problem using your work permit.

I find it unusual that immigration would have your passport any longer than overnight. I suspect an agent or your employer has it not immigration.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Any valid form of identification will normally be accepted accepted for domestic flights. It should not be a problem using your work permit.

I find it unusual that immigration would have your passport any longer than overnight. I suspect an agent or your employer has it not immigration.

Extension based on marriage?

I have experimented widely over the years (passport always in my bag as backup), I have successfully traveled domestic on:-

Thai driving licence

UK driving licence

Delhi Metro ID card (Contractor)

BTS ID card (Employee)

BMCL ID (Consultant)

Expired Belgium ID

Expired (and barely readable) Italian tax ID

Malaysian work permit card (I actually checked in KL - Phuket with this, still needed PP at outgoing immigration)

Thales (Singapore) door key card.

It seems that pretty much any official looking photo ID with your name matching (roughly) the booking will work. Despite having a half-decent photo my Korean SMRT (Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit) ID didn't work as my name didn't match the booking (it was in transliterated Korean).

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Who?

Visa service company.  My time is worth paying a service to do the leg work.  Currently out for 90-Day.  They don't get too excited since you have a window of days to report. Should get it back today or tomorrow.  Cheers...

Edited by Jiggyfly

I doubt you can use a work permit as ID for a flight - even if domestic.

The work permit is essentially a typed up page with a physical picture covered in plastic film. It's the most low tech and least secure document you could get. Easily forgable or to remove and exchange the picture. I'd be very shocked if this was an acceptable form of ID to allow people on to planes. 

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Thailand is still 3rd world in that respect. Could it really be that easy for terrorists ?

Edited by Time Traveller

I doubt you can use a work permit as ID for a flight - even if domestic.
The work permit is essentially a typed up page with a physical picture covered in plastic film. It's the most low tech and least secure document you could get. Easily forgable or to remove and exchange the picture. I'd be very shocked if this was an acceptable form of ID to allow people on to planes. 

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Thailand is still 3rd world in that respect. Could it really be that easy for terrorists ?

Did you ever have a work permit here in Thailand?

Sent from my LG-K430 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app