HRH Princess Sirindhorn opens astrophysics conference in Phuket

webfact

HRH Princess Sirindhorn opens astrophysics conference in Phuket

"This is a great opportunity to make Thailand realise about the importance of this academic fields as well as making Thai people interested more about astronomy and astrophysics fields of study".

By Nattha Thepbamrung and Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_1216.jpg

HRH Princess Sirindhorn Chaired the 11th International Olympiad on Astronomy and Astrophysics (IOAA) 2017 hosted at the Duangjitt Resort in Patong.

The opening ceremony was arranged for yesterday morning (November 13). A number of Phuket authorities including Phuket’s Governor, the Patong Mayor, Rawai Mayor and the Dean of Prince of Songkla University welcomed HRH Princess at the ceremony.

The IOAA was first held in Chiang Mai in 2007 to celebrate the 80th birthday of HM the Late King Bhumibol Adulyadej and the 84th birthday of HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/hrh-princess-sirindhorn-opens-astrophysics-conference-phuket

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-11-14

I thought this was interesting:

She arrived, from Phuket Airport, in Cape Panwa sometime after 7pm on Sunday night for her overnight stay.

She opened the conference in Patong on Monday morning.

She drove past Heroines’ Monument shortly after noon on Monday, on her way back to the airport.

Tough schedule!

I am glad to see a continued interest in Astronomy and all its aspects happening in Thailand, and I

congratulate her highness, Princess Siridhorn, for giving her time and attention to this and everything

else that she is involved in. I wanted to see the telescope in Hua Hin but the science professor was

on holidays. I have seen this scope in a museum near by.

Geezer

DSCN1551.JPG