Bali advice-March 2018.

Scouse123

Hi.

We are heading to Bali beginning of March 2018 from Thailand for a 9-day trip. My first visit.

I am easily pleased, active, mid-fifties and my other half is forty but young at heart and typical Thai loves sightseeing. We are looking mid-range budget hotel.

We are active however I don't do beaches regards watersports due to an accident and she will not go in the sun as she doesn't like brown skin. Walking is no problem for either of us nor is sitting in beach areas with shade.( preferably a bar! )

I like beaches and beach restaurants and nightlife. We intend to rent a driver and car to really look around the place.

Advice requested is, based on the above what is the best location for us?

I can see Ubud, Seminyak, Kuta etc. We hopefully will visit all of them, I just wonder where is the best to stay without commercialization rammed down your throat at every shop. Any advice on hotels or places to stay appreciated.

Are we safe with car and driver regards road safety? Are food and drink in and around similar to Thailand? I see there are a couple of airports but we will be flying from DMK.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure you get travel insurance and keep an eye on the news over the next few months.

If the volcano is still active then I would split the trip in thirds:

Legian / Seminyak then Ubud and finally somewhere on the N coast such as Lovina.

If Agung is quiet then Leg / Sem. then a drive round the coast stopping in Candidesa - Padang Bai ending in Singaraja / Lovina before a cpl of nights in Ubud.

Driving is fine provided you avoid Dps and the big Southern tourist hotspots.

Uluwatu is a nice day trip.

In Bali its difficult not to have a great trip,

• 3 years later...