Tusker's

ThaiPauly

Tusker's Bar & Restauarnt has just opened ..on the Soi right next to Miquel's Mexican .

Looks good...ambience is good..decor is good...owners are nice people (Farang). :D

Think it may be a great venue to commence a few TV piss ups at. :o

Thanks TP for your generous comments.

I don't want to fall foul of any TV rules and regs but any member of the forum and anyone else for that matter is welcome to visit us anytime. :D

There were a number of TV posters there last night and it was a pleasure to meet you all.

We are currently open from 5pm daily and will be looking to extend those hours once we find our feet.

We are currently waiting for our restaurant licence before serving food but we will be serving an international grill style menu with a few Thai favourites.

We hope to provide a quality pub where the Chiang Mai community, both Thais, expats and visitors can relax in an informal, friendly atmosphere.

Tusker's Bar & Restauarnt has just opened ..on the Soi right next to Miquel's Mexican .

Looks good...ambience is good..decor is good...owners are nice people (Farang). :D

Think it may be a great venue to commence a few TV piss ups at. :o

A handy location, well set up, with a very pleasant atmosphere. Great staff attitude, with nothing too much trouble. I'll be very interested to check out the menu once it's up and running. Good luck with your new venture :D

• 1 month later...

went to tuskers a couple nights ago and have to say that the food menu is fantastic! not extensive but very selected. did not try the food but others i spoke to have very high regards for the menu.

the owners are also very accomodating. definately a new hang out place for me. oh and they have beer lao as well.

went to tuskers a couple nights ago and have to say that the food menu is fantastic! not extensive but very selected. did not try the food but others i spoke to have very high regards for the menu.

Great menu, got it. Still curious, though, about how the food itself is. :o

Me too.

I am most curious.

Great menu, got it. Still curious, though, about how the food itself is. :D

Me too.

I am most curious.

i am not sure if the food would appeal to you UG cause its not Duke's :o

but sure have a go at it. i am definately going to try the peri peri chicken the next time i go there. or the chicken tikka burger.

Me too.

I am most curious.

Strewth UG, it's just up the road from you.A 10 min walk.

I like Sojo's, Art Cafe, Laughing Leprechan, Salsa Kitchen, Mama Falafels, The House, The Saloon, He11s Kitchen, Miquels, Mike's Burgers and too many others to mention, however, IMHO The Duke's gives you the most for your money. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

i am not sure if the food would appeal to you UG cause its not Duke's :D

I like Sojo's, Art Cafe, Laughing Leprechan, Salsa Kitchen, Mama Falafels, The House, The Saloon, He11s Kitchen, Miquels, Mike's Burgers and too many others to mention, however, IMHO The Duke's gives you the most for your money. :D

i am not very sure of the serving anymore UG, last time i went there, a few days ago. had this salmon steak and it was a small tiny winy piece of meat. fuji's salmon steaks are twice the size and cheaper too. :D

do let mr. duke know that for me, will ya please? :o

I popped in there last Sunday evening and had a couple of beers. They don't have Singha which is my preferred tipple so I settled for a Tiger. The atmosphere is nice and the staff very pleasant. It is great to see a quality pub open which isn't just another Bl*&dy girly bar which CM needs like a hole in the head.

I met the owner (English) and his girlfriend (English) - both very nice. They have a connection with the Elephant Conservation Camp which is something they support.

I will be heading up there tonight for a couple of beers and possibly something to eat seeing as how no one seems to have actually eaten anything there yet.

Do you ever eat Thai food, UG? :D

what a valid question! you might not have needed to be on a strict diet if you had thai food otherwise.

A little bit, but I have gotten bored with the few dishes that I like. Just eating Thai food would be a great diet for me because I find it mostly unappealing, however I prefer eating salads to that and they are more healthy.

In San Francisco, I loved Mexican, Chinese and Japanese food, but I never liked Thai from the first time I tried it.

Why? I can't really tell you. I just don't like the taste and putting hot chilis on it just makes it worse.

There are things I do like - like Pad Thai - but they are usually soaked in fat and no better for me than Farang food.

I eat a lot of Japanese food here, because I love it, but apparently not enough to lose any weight!

Edited by Ulysses G.

I like Sojo's, Art Cafe, Laughing Leprechan, Salsa Kitchen, Mama Falafels, The House, The Saloon, He11s Kitchen, Miquels, Mike's Burgers and too many others to mention :D

And that's all in one night UG? Where do you go the other 6 nights of the week?

No offence old mate. See you soon.......need to stock up on some good well priced books.

BTW Rasseru the Indo cigs are on the way as well.

Blinky R Bill

I like Sojo's, Art Cafe, Laughing Leprechan, Salsa Kitchen, Mama Falafels, The House, The Saloon, He11s Kitchen, Miquels, Mike's Burgers and too many others to mention :D

And that's all in one night UG? Where do you go the other 6 nights of the week?

No offence old mate. See you soon.......need to stock up on some good well priced books.

Blinky R Bill

Gudang Garam! eeekkksss...

Mr. Bill is my hero! And brilliant timing too -- as of this morning I am down to my last eight kreteks. :o

But back to the topic at hand: what say we pay Tuskers a little visit while you are here?