Got a friend looking

Budget up to 25k

somewhere around Chang Phuak area but flexible

view be nice

Pool a must

Laundry Machine Bonus

2 bedrooms

6 months to year lease with options to review

Looking at the rental websites just keep on seeing the exact same things, even when i was looking a year ago still the same stuff

Let me know if anyone has anything or anything coming up

Non Smoker, Non Party Guy, No Pets, Quiet Tennant

18 minutes ago, idman said:

And this friend is incapable of simply doing a Google search for Condos to let in Chiang Mai?.   Laziness, I have often gotten up from my chair to attend you.

OP wrote:  

"Looking at the rental websites just keep on seeing the exact same things, even when i was looking a year ago still the same stuff"

Why do you think this forum exists? 

36 minutes ago, idman said:

And this friend is incapable of simply doing a Google search for Condos to let in Chiang Mai?.   Laziness, I have often gotten up from my chair to attend you.

Nice Troll Post, As I mentioned before a lot of the condo sites are not updated and Google Searches often just bring you to these condo sites. You contact the agency and guess what the room has already been taken.  We are using Google, but why not broaden the search by including the forums.  It is not laziness it is called searching for more options to find an good condo, in fact it is actually doing more than just searching in Google. Ever occur to you that just maybe there might be some condo owners that frequent the Chiang Mai Forums that have rooms or rooms soon to be available and would enjoy not having to go through an agency to rent their condo.

The best way to find a condo to rent is to look in person.  Inquire at the office, look at the notice on the board of rental postings outside the office, inquire at the office, sit in the lobby and talk with people.  Decide which building is well-suited and hang around the building for a few days, just talking with folks in the coffee shop or restaurant.  

The best units in our building are never advertised, never listed with a real estate agent and never turned over to the juristic person manager (i.e. the condo office) for rental management.  They pass from tenant to tenant by word-of-mouth.  And, frankly, they don't go to newbies looking for a six month lease.   Decide which building is right for you, take a six or twelve month lease there, be a good tenant, get to know people and you'll find out about the good units that open up when people develop terminal illnesses or decide to move back to their home country.

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

One can only imagine the giddy excitement that breaks out in Nancy’s building when there is a nasty smell coming from one of the corner view units... :coffee1:

Actually there is a perverse degree of truth to this.  The corner units are mostly two and even three bedroom units and when someone dies in a unit, the Thai people don't want to live in them -- ghosts, you know, so often the rent can be reduced.

Times are a charging in Chiang Mai, unfortunately for the worse.

Since the tightening up of rules by immigration regarding Farlangs renting whereas landlords are now required to fill in TM30 forms and report Farlang tenants to immigration, including where Farlangs have had to leave the city and cut their tenancies short plus other complications with renting to Farlangs, landlords are becoming reluctant to rent out to them. Many are targeting the Chinese because their immigration procedures are less complicated and it`s believed Chinese tenants create less problems and are more reliable. This was told to me by a landlord who owns a block of flats in Hang Dong and I have read reports on this, can`t remember where now. 

I think the OP has done the right thing by making inquires here on TV just in case someone knows of any condos up for rent.

11 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Times are a charging in Chiang Mai, unfortunately for the worse.

Since the tightening up of rules by immigration regarding Farlangs renting whereas landlords are now required to fill in TM30 forms and report Farlang tenants to immigration, including where Farlangs have had to leave the city and cut their tenancies short plus other complications with renting to Farlangs, landlords are becoming reluctant to rent out to them. Many are targeting the Chinese because their immigration procedures are less complicated and it`s believed Chinese tenants create less problems and are more reliable. 

Well, yes, Chinese tenants are absolutely more reliable and a lot less likely to be certified nutcases. 

However immigration requirements are of course exactly the same, it makes no difference at all renting to any (non Thai) nationality.   So that landlord you talked to was either confused, or something went wrong in translation.

I recently came back to Chiang Mai and it's changed a lot.. for the better!  Lots more options for absolutely everything.