Make merit and have your tires slashed - Thai couple go to the cops

webfact

Make merit and have your tires slashed - Thai couple go to the cops

3pm.jpg

video screenshot

A Thai couple in Chachoengsao have found out the hard way why it might be better to pay for parking.

BEC Tero TV reported on a case of a family who went to make merit at a Chachoengsao temple and got more than they bargained for.

As they looked for a place to park outside, a seemingly helpful couple started waving them into a parking spot and tried to charge them.

But they were not having that - they realized it was a con and refused to pay.

They made merit buying garlands and such then 400 baht lighter but spiritually refreshed they returned to their car.

Only after going some distance they realized someone had slashed their car tire.

Attawat Jangkhaprasert was furious especially as he had a child in the car.

Now the police are studying CCTV to see if the people offering the parking service have a case to answer.

Source: BEC Tero TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-16

I think I know which temple, the most(?) famous in the province with a huge treasury but a mafia ridden place. Went with my family once and I was very worried about my car because I also didn't want to park at the mafia controlled area. The pinnacle of Buddhism, bloody bar stuards the whole lot.

15 minutes ago, kotsak said:

I think I know which temple, the most(?) famous in the province with a huge treasury but a mafia ridden place. Went with my family once and I was very worried about my car because I also didn't want to park at the mafia controlled area. The pinnacle of Buddhism, bloody bar stuards the whole lot.

In the Thai papers and on the Thai news, it clearly states this is Phor Sothon Temple.

Try parking anywhere the cab scum are on Samui, Phuket and elsewhere and see what happens. I tried telling a cabbie I’d be 2 minutes parking in a public space on a public road. When I said it’s a public space and if he touches my car I’ll call the Police . He said “we own the Police’  I returned to my car and they had keyed two side doors. F..kin scum. I took their photo and sent it to the Police. Nothing happened.

Stupid stupid car owners leaving your nice car parked in front of someones shop. Where the shops customers suppose to park?  Give them some money for taking up their customer parking. My wife has a shop and many times cars want to park in the only small space not big enough for a car. Driving up on her nice tiles breaking them. And not wanting to pay to have them replaced. Now we just tell the car owners that park and go someplace else that the broken tiles must have damaged their nice tires. Park at your own risk. 

7 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Stupid stupid car owners leaving your nice car parked in front of someones shop. Where the shops customers suppose to park?  Give them some money for taking up their customer parking. My wife has a shop and many times cars want to park in the only small space not big enough for a car. Driving up on her nice tiles breaking them. And not wanting to pay to have them replaced. Now we just tell the car owners that park and go someplace else that the broken tiles must have damaged their nice tires. Park at your own risk. 

No Parking Cones are available in Big C and Home Pro  -  it is understood you control the space in front of your shop.

7 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Annually I  pay for a vehicle registration  in Thailand.    I also buy  petrol which is taxed.   

If there is a vacant space on a street without markings showing I cannot park there I am entitled to park in that space

Do  you pay EXTRA  baht to reserve the space in front of your wife's shop?     I think not.

Maybe there's a way you can pay extra to reserve the space in front of your shop.

Good luck.

Edited by watcharacters

We have even had it in villages when we had to go to funerals   People were trying to charge us for parking on the road. The police have stated NOBODY owns the road only the government  and you cannot even " reserve " a spot for yourself or customers. But Thais want something they just take it no matter who it belongs to, just look at all the street and pavement vendors, trading rent free on government land 

Always find it interesting that people think they are making merit with a financial donation one way or another to the temples or businesses that operate there. Donating to an orphanage or similar deserving charity, yes, cleaning the local beach, yes, feeding stray animals, yes. Or my favorite, paying to have a plaque with your name in the new temple wall, doubtful.

On 11/17/2017 at 1:51 AM, BTB1977 said:

I am sure, you behave different than the normally shop owner, just laying tiles on public ground and then claiming it's yours!

... And for sure, you also own that parking place in front of your shop, covered with a Chanote !

Edited by BernieOnTour