This heat

Pat in Pattaya

I'm in Khon Kaen up from Pattaya to oversee a house build for a bit, but what's with this daytime heat? It's like an oven! I appreciate it's cooler in the mornings and at night, but daytime, WOW, so much the the 'cool season' Lol. It's wayyyyy too hot.

I looked at the forecast, mercifully it looks like it's going to cool down a tad as from tomorrow.

Yes! we had noticed! thankfully cools down quickly in an evening, not the usual weather for this time of year, be nice if it was a prelude to rain as been about a month since we had any up here in Udon, but I doubt there will be any meaningful rains, though who knows? must be a nightmare trying to predict the weather here!

No doubt your intentions are to move up here in the future, as you stated that your here to oversee a build for a bit.

If that's the case, I hope you have done your due diligence, i.e. making sure the building materials you are using are nothing but the best to assist in combating the heat, i.e. roof insulation under your tiles, something like thermal reflective sisolation, whirly birds/roof vents, less glass windows, or wider eaves to keep the sun off the windows which will penetrate the glass and make your house like an oven.

A cavity brick wall system will also help if your not using wider eaves, soffit boards under your eaves to allow the air into the attic and out of the whirly birds/roof vents, good quality reflective paint on the exterior, some nice trees to provide shade to walls also helps, and insulation batts above your gypsum plasterboard ceilings, but if you have done the above, you should really need them.

Last but not least, air conditioners, as much as I don't like them, I have 7, four of which are always on 26 degrees at night in the bedrooms, and one at the front and rear of the house during the day, if its starting to cook during summer, from around midday to 6pm, but seldom have to use those, as the fans are enough.

If you reckon its hot now, no doubt you know what its like up here in summer, suffice to say, find your waterholes and cool down with a few chilled ones...lol

Edited by 4MyEgo