Removing sprayed Insulation from Tiles

kirkieb

Have a Townhouse and after a little research realise the very stuff used to keep heat out is in fact been sprayed entirely over the under side of my roof.  All vents,have been sealed.

Just found out Tiles in Thailand are designed to allow ceiling heat to escape.  Why these clowns sprayed the entire Roof is beyond me. Having lived in Tropical Queensland most of my life know two things need insulation and need heat to escape. Insulation on roofs should be on the ceiling especially if the tiles are designed to allow air flow.  Alum foil or sisalation are great if the roof isnt designed to have air flow.

So How do you remove this stuff 

OR

Any ideas short of replacing the entire roof and starting again.

Stuff is like concrete 

I have sprayed roof in the Pattaya house and it makes the place a lot cooler, in my opinion.

Another good thing about it is it makes the tiles nearly impossible to remove which stops the robbers gaining easy access to your house by just removing a few tiles.

One thing you learn is never go into the roof space of a old house in Thailand. Mine is just a mess of bad building practices and sub standard wiring.

I think to remove the insulation you need to put on a new tiled roof.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived