Border bounce at Huai Kon

Advice needed, I am currently in Nan city. Has anybody done a in/out at Huai Kon border crossing returning immediately to Thailand ? If its possible I would hire a driver.

Not seen any definite information only people crossing with the purpose of visiting Laos.

Thanks

Jon

I would assume it would not be a problem to do a border crossing there.

Do you have a visa for re-entry or are you wanting to get a visa exempt entry?

If you have done 2 land border crossing for visa exempt entry this year you would not be able to do another one.

Thanks for the reply UbonJoe, I am just wanting to get a visa exempt entry 30 days I have not done any previous land crossings this year. Strange how  no one has done this border bounce. Nan has a immigration office I will ask there and report back. 

12 minutes ago, Ape1983 said:

Strange how  no one has done this border bounce.

I suspect there are not many reports because it is not near any of the larger cities in the North.

I am sure people are doing the crossing.

5 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

However I have since read things have tightened up. So, more up-to-date information is required.

If anything it has gotten easier to do border hops for a visa exempt entry since then that was before the 2 entry rule went into effect.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If anything it has gotten easier to do border hops for a visa exempt entry since then since then that was before the 2 entry rule went into effect.

Yes, sorry, I didn't make myself clear, I was referring to the de facto bar on motorbikes and bicycles crossing at Huay Kon effective from 2016 and do not know if any other restrictions of any kind had been put in place.