No charges in Bangkok street fight between "win" drivers and students

webfact

No charges in Bangkok street fight between "win" drivers and students

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A bunch of motorcycle taxi drivers and students from a technical college have agreed to shake hands after a melee caught on tape in Bangkok.

Some 7 "win" drivers and 5 students were filmed fighting after an incident that police said stemmed from someone cutting in front of a vehicle.

Police in Samsen chaired a meeting Sunday of all concerned including parents of the students and it was agreed to let bygones be bygones.

It appears that injuries were not serious and weapons were not used. The head of the motorcycle taxi drivers was quoted by Sanook as saying that they did not want the incident to spoil the future record of the students.

Acting chief of Region 1 of the metropolitan police Senit Samransamruatkit was at the station to hear evidence from both sides.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-20

As someone who attended a Tech school as a youth I can't understand what it is with these Tech school kids in Thailand, the skills that I learned at tech school allowed me to buy a home, travel the world and remain employed for 50 years, is it possibly early onset don't you know who I am syndrome ?

In my home country they changed the interpretation of laws recently where someone who stamps down on a person's head when he is lying on the ground, as can be seen in the video, gets charged with some serious charges which can reach attempted murder. 

In Thailand the fight only begins when someone hits the ground or when someone passes out. That is when everybody jumps in to show the size of their weewee.

Maybe time to punish people acting like animals as can be seen here, otherwise it will never stop in this country with the violence on the streets.

Maybe the public prosecutor (is there such a thing in Thailand? ) should decide to charge the fighting people for disrupting traffic, attempted murder, and beating up other people. Or is that all fine here in Thailand? 

By giving the 2 parties a say in the decision to prosecute you open the legal system up for blackmail and threats. I can go out and beat up a random person, and threaten to kill his whole family if he presses charges. And hours later I am a free man again without any legal problems.