Re-entry permit, endorsement etc

I'm in the process of applying for a re-entry permit. Every time I go to my immigration office I either forget something vital or else they've changed the rules. So in a state of paranoia I ask the following:

1) Do I need to accompany my application with any documents apart from photocopies of passport?

2) I have two different versions of the application form: the double sided 2559 version and the single sided 2557 version. Does it matter which one I use?

3) The application form is a TM8. Now I have discovered TM13 "Endorsement of Re-entry Permit Application Form". When would I ever need one of those?

Thanks for any help.

I assume you do not have permanent residence here in Thailand. The TM13 form is for those that do.

1. You will need a copy of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, extension stamp (if any) and TM6 departure card.

2. This is the latest version of the TM8 form (January of this year). https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486547955788.pdf

5 minutes ago, ianh68 said:

Should I ignore it?

Yes The forms are out of date on it and there are no PDF versions of the forms

6 minutes ago, ianh68 said:

At least it was in English. Is there an English version of

https://www.immigration.go.th/download/ ?

No English version of it yet. Google translate works good on it.

You can find the most commonly used forms here.

• Thanks 1

1. Copy of passport homepage, copy of TM6, copy last entry stamp, copy of Visa/extension, proof of address, 4x6cm photo.
2. TM8 printed double sided on one piece of paper.
3. TM13 is for those with PR status.

Yes to all.

Try to remember number 2. as I didn’t and the IO glued the two sheets back to back !! whilst giving me a “ you farang stupid “ type of stare ☹️
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

1. Copy of passport homepage, copy of TM6, copy last entry stamp, copy of Visa/extension, proof of address, 4x6cm photo.

2. TM8 printed double sided on one piece of paper.

3. TM13 is for those with PR status.

"proof of address": required for an METV staying in a hotel?

and what is the correct form? 

thanks ...

Edited by tchk
spelling

19 minutes ago, tchk said:

"proof of address": required for an METV staying in a hotel?

and what is the correct form? 

thanks ...

You would not need a re-entry permit it you have a METV since it allows unlimited 60 day entries until the date it expires.

You would only need one if you wanted to travel during the last 60 day entry from it you can do on the enter before date on your visa.

If staying in a hotel the receipt for it would be enough.

On 20.11.2017 at 8:10 PM, ubonjoe said:

You would not need a re-entry permit it you have a METV since it allows unlimited 60 day entries until the date it expires.

You would only need one if you wanted to travel during the last 60 day entry from it you can do on the enter before date on your visa.

If staying in a hotel the receipt for it would be enough.

Yes re-entry after the "enter before" date, that's what I meant. Thanks for clearing things up.